National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! New here..sorry if I dont use all the correct terminology or ask my question as clearly as possible. I will try as best as I can. Just recently purchased a Taurus Millennium Pro compact 3rd gen, 9mm. I dont know if I should be concerned about this but I figured id ask. If I look directly down the barrel (of course the gun is completely unloaded), it seems that in the slide, the barrel is pointing down a little, as if when you cycle the slide, the top of the barrel doesnt touch the inner top of the slide. When I hold the gun from the side evenly, it seems the barrel points straight but I used to own a beretta 92 and it is very different. So im not sure if I should be worried. Havent taken it to the range yet. Thanks in advance guys!! :geek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i have a Taurus Mill-pro (pt145). My barrel does the same thing. do you have issues with yours jamming? i just use mine as a paper weight. i dont trust it. it jammed so many times at the range that i actually had a dream that someone pulled a gun on my downtown (memphis) and my it jammed,i woke up shortly after being shot. i put it away and now carry a glock 23 with hogue grip and trijicon night sights. i trust it with my life. be careful with that weapon and load it with VERY GOOD ammunition. maybe hornady TAP. i wouldnt worry about the barrel though

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh yeah, a couple of buddies of mine also carry Taures in various models without any problems. after i read the post that i left i felt like i was just "bashing" your gun. sorry. they are a great company with a great warranty. i'm sure that my specific gun was the problem and i should have sent it back for repair.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
I had a Millennium Pro .40 S&W, after many years of carry and use I started getting jams, the receiver would not go back to battery. I can’t say that it was or was not the ammo.
It also had a "floating barrel", it does not interfere with the accuracy. Anyway I upgraded to a H&K .40 S&W.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
joseph said:
that is what mine was doing. the receiver would not go all the way back forward.
I had my husband working with me and he couldn't explain why it wouldn't go back to battery. I was using reloads he had made
and I have no reason to think that he loaded anything wrong, I was having the same problem with factory loads. Maybe if you want to take the time to get a hold of Taurus they can tell you what is happening. They have pretty good customer service and they do back up their warranty.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I carry the Taurus PT145 pro and the Taurus 111 9mm and have had no problems at all with either...and I have fired a little over 600 rounds a piece through both with out any problems whatsoever. personally I think they are very reliable guns and I trust my life with them

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As an item of interest I have a friend that shoots the PT145. He tried .45 GAP just for the hell of it and it worked perfectly. :eek:

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
whompuss said:
As an item of interest I have a friend that shoots the PT145. He tried .45 GAP just for the hell of it and it worked perfectly. :eek:
Wow, now ain't THAT a mystery!? I wonder how that can be explained, given .45s headspace on the case rim and the GAP is shorter by a few millimeters than the ACP. Faulty barrel with a poorly-cut chamber?

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Hmmm. That is interesting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
on some designs, the round is supposed to slide up under the extractor (think of a mauser action) i dont know the particulars, but id say this could be designed in such a way, which would let me totaly beleive that it worked.

i would not think it too safe, though.

if the extractor DIDNT catch it, but it was down the chamber just enough for the fp to touch it off, bad things could happen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts