National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one? I am still in search of a very reliable 40 or 9mm compact pistol. I like the price tag and the looks of the Millennium - has anybody ever had any jamming issues with this gun?

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
blp5172 said:
Anyone have one? I am still in search of a very reliable 40 or 9mm compact pistol. I like the price tag and the looks of the Millennium - has anybody ever had any jamming issues with this gun?

I know nothing about this pistol. Talk to "gunrnr" about their service. He has indicated in another thread that their is a big problem with service issues at Taurus.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
A heard of a guy that had one blow up on him.

Apparently the barrel cracked while he was shooting Winchester white box, nothing real hot. The gun blew up on him, shot shards everywhere.

I'm sure this is not typical, I had a PT40 Millenium & Millenium Pro. I shot about 500 rounds through each before selling them.

I could get any accuracy out of it, but it may have just been a bad fit for my hands.

If you get one, go with the Pro. It has a recessed mag release. The standard Millenium mag release protrudes right where your thumb naturally rests, causing unintentional mag releases. :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the pt140 as my c/c. I like it as far as the weight and the look. I only have fired about 80 rounds threw and the only thing i had to get use to was the trigger pull.

·
Country Dad
235 Posts
I also own and carry a Taures PT140, I love my gun, I only Have about 200 rounds shot tho. But She a great peice to have. I would with out a doubt trust my life with this gun, therefor I carry this gun as my concelled sidearm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with Country Dad...I have a 3rd Gen PT140 Pro & it shoots nicely. I would & will carry it as my CC when the weather is colder and I can cover it easier. Until then I CC the Keltec P3AT.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You want reliable? Hold a Glock or XD. see which one fits your hand better. Buy it.
Buy a used one if you are tight on money. They are as reliable as a Second Generation 4 bolt main Small Block Chevy.

·
Country Dad
235 Posts
I own and carry the taures PT140. I love this gun. If your looking for a .40 to carry and you want a taures. Then I would say Get the PT140.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I carry the PT145 pro and put a little over 600 rounds through it and have no problems at all with it....I love this gun and trust my life with it. I also use this as my CC.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
All I can say is that Taurii come in two varieties: Really good and Really crappy. That has applied to their pistols and their revolvers for the past several years. We've seen this with almost every model that has been through our little shop EXCEPT their Beretta clones (PT-92, PT-99, PT-100 and PT-101), which have been outstanding.

I had heard of a couple of KBs, but I can't say for certain whether they were caused by the firearm or other factors. Without reliable information, I just won't pin that on the gun.

Their semi autos have presented with several issues, from just bad magazines to internal mechanical problems. In their revolvers, I have seen several with extractor issues and (especially) poorly fitted cylinders. By that I mean two things: Either timing problems or (more commonly) poorly finished chambers. My own Mod 415 has that issue, to the point that only certain rounds can be extracted after firing using just the extractor rod. Others have to be beaten out with a rawhide mallet. I've also had .38s, .357s, and .44 Mags come back with the same issue. Not good.

Up until a few years ago, I bragged on their lifetime warranty and their customer service. They are now fairly slow and a few firearms sent for service have had to be sent a second time. Very inconvenient and expensive. My understanding is that the company has grown very large very fast, so I have to wonder what their process control parameters are and what their quality control rules are like.

Taurus is a good value for the money when they work. There are a lot of CHL holders around here who carry them. I don't know of any LEOs who carry them for off-duty or back-up use, however.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts