National Gun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking at a Taurus M586 ultra lite 2” - -38 SPL. I know nothing much about these snubs and less about Taurus. Still not a gun that’s going to get thousands of rounds through it. I have RugerS and Smiths for range days. Yea or nea?

·
Registered
207 Posts
It is a crap shoot on Taurus quality. Personally, I would rather pay a bit more for a quality handgun from a trusted brand.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Aim true !
9,736 Posts
I been lucky with my taurus guns. And i shoot them often. Only revolver i have is a tracker .357. I do not like the idea of the poly revolvers though.

·
Live Free
2,752 Posts
Taurus has not shown me much regarding quality, so I tend to avoid them. Some of their revolvers have been fairly good from what I have seen, but I still tend to avoid the company because of quality issues.

·
AZHerper
3,609 Posts
Don't you mean Taurus 856 not 586. That is a 15.7 ounce 38 SPL +P rated revolver. I have a Taurus 605SH2 which is a 16 ounce .357 magnum revolver. It's a good gun but it had one "sticky" cylinder which took a couple pushes. to eject. I had a LGS polish and fix that and it works great now. However, it's a bit violent with .357 rounds and I'm 84 with a carpal tunnel problem so I've got it loaded with 38 SPL +P's.

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah my bad 856. My dyslexia again. Now you know why my mom joined “DAM. Mothers Against Dyslexia”

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,526 Posts
I would definitely rent one at the range before buying one.

BTW, several years ago my wife purchased a S&W Airweight 38 revolver, as her EDC. After taking it to the range, she realized she hated it. She then decided to trade the S&W for one of my 1911 commanders ...... I didn't have much say in the matter. I kept the S&W in a drawer for about a year, then sold it.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I have shot quite a few different taurus guns and i own 2. the raging bull is the only one i would say i like but i have to admit there are times when i cringe shooting full 454 casul loads because in the back of my mind i keep hearing it's not a S&W. I also have a Rossi circuit judge. Hasnt givem me any problems but it's easy to tell it's cheaply made. My brother had a judge handgun, what a POS that was and would lock up after running 4-5 cylinders. I won't buy another.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Not a fan of Ultra lights. I’d be interested in your take on it. I’d expect it to be pretty snappy.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Not a Taurus fan by any means but this Brazilian off duty cop probably likes them.

·
Aim true !
9,736 Posts
Nice Smith congrats. Im doing well not buying guns lately. Greens have been going towards reloading. 😁

1 - 12 of 12 Posts