National Gun Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just recently bought a Taurus G3 and it seems to be having a MAJOR feeding problem, I'm sure it's not the gun because the magazines are really stiff and when I manually unload the mags some of the bullets get stuck then go flying out when I get them unstuck.

What do you think I should do? This is my first pistol.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
The first thing you should do is use it. If you bought it new most pistols tend to need a break in period and most people suggest up to 500 rounds before you start "complaining" about problems. Especially when it comes to failure to feed and stovepipes. Secondly did you break it down and clean it? New guns come with preservatives that should be cleaned out. Last thing is try switching ammo. If you've done all this i would contact Taurus. As far as the mag and not knowing your particular gun i can say some mag springs to me seem weaker and stronger when compared to one another. 1911 springs to me seem weak when compared to say my S&W shield which has pretty stiff mag springs which when they were new were extremely stiff.

·
Registered
13,720 Posts
I have the G2C, it was broken in when I got it. It's flawless. What I've read about the G3, sounds like it's the same gun with some ergonomic changes/enhancements and mag variations. Like Square said, shoot it, as frustrating as it is, keep beating on it. Mine shoots any crap I put in it. Good luck.

·
Aim true !
10,332 Posts
I have the PT111 Before all the G versions came out. It works great. Keep breaking yours in. My little spectrum. Feed well at 1st. Then it hung up some. I started to tap the mags like Hickok45 does. Then it started to feed well again. And has been fine from then on.

·
Low Speed High Drag
399 Posts
Did you clean and lube before shooting it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The first thing you should do is use it. If you bought it new most pistols tend to need a break in period and most people suggest up to 500 rounds before you start "complaining" about problems. Especially when it comes to failure to feed and stovepipes. Secondly did you break it down and clean it? New guns come with preservatives that should be cleaned out. Last thing is try switching ammo. If you've done all this i would contact Taurus. As far as the mag and not knowing your particular gun i can say some mag springs to me seem weaker and stronger when compared to one another. 1911 springs to me seem weak when compared to say my S&W shield which has pretty stiff mag springs which when they were new were extremely stiff.
Did you clean and lube before shooting it?
I did not clean it, I will do that and see if this helps. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Aim true !
10,332 Posts
My PT111 Was covered in packing grease. How bad was your G3?

·
Low Speed High Drag
399 Posts
The "grease" the manufacturer uses is for rust protection not lubrication. It's important to thoroughly clean and properly lube a new firearm.

·
Genius in Training
490 Posts
If you think the mag springs are too tight just be sure to leave them loaded when you leave the range. Time will do the rest. Otherwise like the rest said, clean it and shoot it.

·
Aim true !
10,332 Posts
Awesome glad to hear it. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts