National Gun Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taurus 605 - Whats your thoughts? Any good or bad news on these? Any help is greatly appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i love mine. there very good guns but they pack a hell of a whump in 357. better than those lightweights tho.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been thinking of buying one myself. Most of what I have read is positive. The only negative things I am hearing come from folks who have never owned one. A lot of I heards and things of that nature. Im sure I will have one soon myself. Tell us about it if you decide to get one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
leeindy said:
dont care for there autos but there revolvers are spot on
The only auto I have owned from them is their beretta clone the Pt-92 and I am happy with it, I love their revolvers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gunny the Gun said:
leeindy said:
dont care for there autos but there revolvers are spot on
The only auto I have owned from them is their beretta clone the Pt-92 and I am happy with it, I love their revolvers.
havent shot one but i like the way they put the safety on theirs. my biggest peeve with the M9 is the slide mounted safety

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
leeindy said:
havent shot one but i like the way they put the safety on theirs. my biggest peeve with the M9 is the slide mounted safety
Fun plinker, but I dont think it is combat ready, give me my 1911 any day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gunny the Gun said:
leeindy said:
Fun plinker, but I dont think it is combat ready, give me my 1911 any day.

i can see you and me are gonna argue over guns quite a bit.

and the 1911 is a good gun. i just bought another one. but for carry ill take something a little less problematic

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
leeindy said:
i can see you and me are gonna argue over guns quite a bit.

and the 1911 is a good gun. i just bought another one. but for carry ill take something a little less problematic
*glares at leeindy*

... any firearm that stays the sidearm of the US military for +50 years has earned a right to sit at the big boy table. I just dont like glocks or kel-tecs they feel bad in my hands, comfort is a must for me.

dont push your luck ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
let me clarify i personally wont carry one. and unless you shoot alot theres no real way of knowing exactly how thell behave.

ive been and idpa and ipsc range officer ive seen so many people who step up to shoot for there first time. there gun malfs then they turn around pointing a loaded gun at me going "what do i do"

the 1911 is a great gun if you shoot regularly and are competint, bad guns for beginners and shoot once a year types

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
leeindy said:
unless you shoot alot theres no real way of knowing exactly how thell behave.

ive been and idpa and ipsc range officer ive seen so many people who step up to shoot for there first time. there gun malfs then they turn around pointing a loaded gun at me going "what do i do"

the 1911 is a great gun if you shoot regularly and are competint, bad guns for beginners and shoot once a year types
simple misunderstanding, I have been shooting for as long as I have been able to walk, complex guns dont scare me. Simple is a must for beginners. alot of problems with any firearm is user related (limp wrist, weak wrist, unableness to understand the idea of how to use sights :roll: I have been in your shoes so many times it is not funny.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
leeindy said:
ive had to send 5 people home for that. never to return.
I wish I could do that, I teach Junior rifle class in small bore olympic shooting.
I cant even count how many times I have heard " this rifle is not sighted in" I pick it up and put one through the 10 ring and hand it back to them. then spent 10 minutes to tell them that it is a sport that requires practice, it is not shooting tin cans in papys backyard

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gunny the Gun said:
leeindy said:
ive had to send 5 people home for that. never to return.
I wish I could do that, I teach Junior rifle class in small bore olympic shooting.
I cant even count how many times I have heard " this rifle is not sighted in" I pick it up and put one through the 10 ring and hand it back to them. then spent 10 minutes to tell them that it is a sport that requires practice, it is not shooting tin cans in papys backyard
i only kick people out of idpa for two reasons. poor gun handling(ie pointing a gun at me)

actually thats all ive thrown them out for. but ive had some grown men who were whinny girls cause the couldnt shoot fast buy the end of the class. i always just tell them to try next time

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Was out in Montana two weeks ago and shot my friends Taurus .357 Shot both .38 and .357 - heck of a difference to my XD .45 but still a nice revolver but stiff on the trigger pull. It was fairly new and did not have many rounds through so maybe it will get better but I suggested a trigger job for him.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts