National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Travis said:
I have yet to shoot one and I have heard 1 good review on this gun. Does anyone else have some good "stats" on this weapon?
look for "letter of reccomendation" in the revolver section, My post.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I did read a report that they had a sweet recoil. You better have both hands on the gun and good footing or you might need some dental work after firing that monster.

·
Premium Member
14,424 Posts
As I mentioned in another post regarding Taurus -- there are two types, good ones and junk. And you don't know which you're getting until you get it. With the notable exception of their PT99 and PT100, I have had many Taurii come back for warrantee claims. My own 415 snubbie needs the cylinder to be burnished, since cases stick after firing and need to be knocked out with a mallet. I have had several Mod 85s with the same problem and one of their Mod 44s, as well. There are also serious issues with the quality of their extractors in all of their revolvers. Overall, quality control at Taurus must improve before I can recommend them as equivalent to top-tier revolvers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.