National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I head off to the woods to do a little shooting I have to admit that I cringe a bit when I think about how much time I will spend cleaning up after shooting. It takes a long time to strip down my guns and clean them thoroughly and put them back up in the safe.

It affects my selection process and I limit myself to 4-5 guns at the range or in the woods at one time. Friends always want me to bring out a bushel basket of guns so they can send a few rounds downrange out of each and them go home. Guess who ends up cleaning the guns. I try to limit my cleaning time to about two hours if I can.

How many guns do you take to the range?

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
I agree..... It's fun to go and blast away the day, but that cleaning takes time. :roll: Suppose it goes with the territory!!!

I usually limit myself to 2. A semi and a wheel gun...... The wheels guns are harder to clean IMO!!!

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
I think the double action revolvers are easier to clean IMO. I use a bore snake and a brush. It takes more time to brush down a slide and frame on a semi (for me at least).

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Gunzzi said:
I think the double action revolvers are easier to clean IMO. I use a bore snake and a brush. It takes more time to brush down a slide and frame on a semi (for me at least).
Maybe I'm not doing it right!! ;) I use a brush for everything and maybe that's what seems to take the time......

·
Registered
236 Posts
I usually limit myself to 2. A semi and a wheel gun...... The wheels guns are harder to clean IMO!!!
+1 on that. I usually take 1 revolver and 1 pistol too. And for some reason I hate cleaning revolvers. But both of mine are blued, so I need to take extra care so they don't rust or something. I hope I'll find a nice stainless steel revolver for a good price soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts