National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a gun show. Had fun.
Purchased a Tanfoglio GT380Xe.

I have had some trouble finding any info on the gun/Tanfoglio and haven't had any luck finding extra magazines or a manual.

Anyone own a Tanfoglio/ know anything about the gun's reputation?

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
I don't know anything about your specific gun but I do have a Tanfoglio in 10mm thats rocks. How about some pics and a range report

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
That particular model has been in production for approx. 100 years (according to a EAA tech that I contacted when I had one of these.)
They are heavy, strongly built, sturdy, heavy, large for a .380ACP, heavy, brutish and heavy. Magazines when you can find one - will run you darn near as much as the gun. I had mine for about 3 years - used to slip it into my back jeans pocket, after tightening up my belt to keep my pants from being dragged down around my ankles - after about 20 trips with it inserted in the pocket - the sharp front edge of the slide cut a nice verticle slit in the outside pocket material. At the range - the thing shot pretty darn accurate out to about 25 feet - mine didn't like anything but FMJ ammo. I think I paid a little over 100 bucks for mine and ended up trading it in on a Bersa Model 85 hi cap .380, and got about 60 bucks credit. Not bad guns, but heavy for caliber.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Snapshot_20110407_9.jpg gun.jpg

Fun to shoot. Fairly accurate. 5"@ 10 yards

Shot through 450 rounds with the firearm jamming only twice.

Quite heavy but overall very pleased. Clean for an older gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts