National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Live Free
4,361 Posts
The Stock II looks like a stainless Jericho with fiber front sight. Of course they are all CZ clones…
My understanding is that Tanfoglio sources parts for IWI, or at least did atone time, so it’s no surprise the guns look so much alike. The Jericho is a sturdy and a bit heavy handgun, built to endure. I was considering buying a Tanfoglio since I like the Jericho a lot…might still. Here is the Jericho.

Font Air gun Rectangle Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The Stock II looks like a stainless Jericho with fiber front sight. Of course they are all CZ clones…
My understanding is that Tanfoglio sources parts for IWI, or at least did atone time, so it’s no surprise the guns look so much alike. The Jericho is a sturdy and a bit heavy handgun, built to endure. I was considering buying a Tanfoglio since I like the Jericho a lot…might still. Here is the Jericho.

View attachment 139102
Looks like a damn Ferrari compared to my 1911s. I am looking to replace my XDM bedside gun. Nice gun. Thanks for the input.

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could probably elaborate on that a little. I figured a competition type gun would have the necessary controls for fumbling around in the dark. Have the speed and reliably needed for a gun like a home defense piece and the stainless/chrome could be seen a lot easier to catch in line of sight in low light when sights were not an option. High capacity with oversized magwell port for reloading, etc.

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I paid a visit to the Henning site. picked up some extended base pads, springs and followers to convert 2 magazines to 23rd mags. Bought a second 17rd mag and have 2 mags on backorder and 2 aluminum standard size baseplates coming. These are the extended base plates. Bought them in silver so the wife could choose the grips and they would match anything she chose.
Rectangle Office supplies Cylinder Gas Food storage containers

These are the grips she wanted, but I can't find in stock anywhere for the large frame with magwell size....
Jersey Sleeve Rectangle T-shirt Cap

So I ordered these G10 grips as a temp set.

Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I am hoping the wife takes to this like she did the Rapide Dawn. That’s why I bought the 9mm. If not, I bought a Black Ice yesterday that she can keep as her bedside gun (may do that anyway so there are two accessible.) it’s the exact same gun as the one she loves with a black barrel and black grips. Those grips I ordered for the Limited are slimmer than the factory grips, better for smaller hands.

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Picked this up this afternoon
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Everyday carry

Air gun Trigger Wood Everyday carry Gun barrel

There is a slight dullness in the slide through the engraved area but it’s not terrible. Probably better left alone.

Trigger Air gun Gun accessory Gun barrel Composite material

Other than that, it shoots great. Put one of the 24rd extended mags in (Henning parts) and the wife looked back at me about half way through as to say, “there’s still bullets in this thing?” 😂

Shoots nice. Probably 5lb trigger, clean break. I have another one coming, also used. May or may not make the cut. Have to see it in person. The one I got today is now my bedside gun.

Nic helped me hang some more 1911s in the vault and he held this one and fell in love with the feel. Going to have to let him shoot it tomorrow.

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got my second Witness Elite Limited, also in 9mm. I was worried it would come in beat to hell because the pics were so bad but it came in nearly flawless. Came with 4 mags which are about $190 by the time you buy the required base plate (factory mags won’t fit with the magwell). Make for a nice pair.

White Wood Air gun Line Trigger

new one is up top

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I’ve somehow lost one of the 23rd mags. That’s a $100 magazine hidden somewhere in the house… grrr… Got that new Henning extension kit in it.

Edit: After 3 days of looking, I finally found it. Someone (probably me) wrapped it in a green microfiber cloth and put it in my living room… that’ll teach me 😁

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had to order the aluminum grips for those guns from France. Apparently, the only place on the planet that had some in the blue I wanted. Got a notification a few minutes ago that they were just now shipping. Wonder how long the trip will take…

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
More daily stupidity going on. I swear, if this is the norm, I’m going to have to stop shopping online completely. I’m getting really sick of every other package having something screwed up.

Case in point, screws for the Witness grips came in. Notice Witness is not plural. Because only 1 set came along with a packing slip that said two should be in it. At $9/screw, that’s inexcusable.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

These grips reduce the grip width to about the same width of a single stack 1911. Wife should like that. Yeah, it’s dirty… I’m aware…
Automotive tire Bicycle part Cylinder Rim Synthetic rubber

Also got the Celtic cross engraved aluminum grips in. Another case in point. Someone stuck their thumb in the blackening solution before it cured and smudged it on the silver surface. At $120/set, again, inexcusable. (Note: I’m trying to keep this as family friendly as possible).

Air gun Everyday carry Wood Gun accessory Gun barrel

The awesome attention to detail… notice the bare spot at the bottom where someone touched the solution, then put that finger in a couple of different places smudging the black o the surface.
Rectangle Art Font Pattern Creative arts

I tried acetone and a pencil eraser to remove it but the above was the best I could do without screwing up the aluminum finish. I can’t replicate that. The grips would be great otherwise.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts