National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get it apart!!! I don't know how to get the barrel off. I get the magazine extension off, and the spring out, but I can't get the barrel off. I do what the instructions say, and slide the fore-end halfway forward, but the barrel won't budge. It seems like the part that the magazine extension threads into (the magazine tube coupling, as the owner's manual calls it) needs to come off, butt I have read online that that stays on the barrel. Can anyone verify or deny this? I'm starting to thing it might just be stuck because it's brand new.

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I've seen that, but that doesn't have the magazine extension, so it doesn't really help. I'm just wondering if I have to take the magazine tube coupler off before I take the barrel off or not. If not, the barrel must just be stuck on there because it's new.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's some pictures that hopefully help...

Here's a picture with the magazine extension removed. That threaded part on the end of the magazine tube is what seems like it might need to come off, but I have read that it doesn't.

Here's a picture with the magazine extension on.

Here's a picture of the whole thing...

So does the coupling stay on or come off? Thanks for the help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, everything I read that said the coupling stays on was wrong. I found a thread on THR that said it comes off, but they come really tight from the factory. So I got out some channel locks and an old t-shirt and got it off without scratching anything up. Then the barrel pulled right off. Somebody over there also said that if the coupling gets messed up because you have to use pliers or something to get it off, Remington will send you a new one if you give them a call.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts