National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a Blackhawk Serpa holster for my XD. There is a Tactical rig that works with this holster and was considering the purchase.

What are your thoughts on Tactical rigs and what do you have? Does anyone else have the Blackhawk Serpa Tactical rig set up?

G

·
When I deployed, I started with a Serpa thigh rig that carried a spare mag. It, uhhhh, didn't really work out. Uncomfortable, inconvenient, and I lost the spare mag when bailing out of a truck.

I ordered a plate to attach the Serpa to my IBA, went to a flapped double mag carrier also on the IBA, and have been pleased.

G

·
bat1159man said:
I currently own a Blackhawk Serpa holster for my XD. There is a Tactical rig that works with this holster and was considering the purchase.

What are your thoughts on Tactical rigs and what do you have? Does anyone else have the Blackhawk Serpa Tactical rig set up?
the whole reason for a drop leg is if youre wearing a lot of gear and cant get the weapon on your hip. most people (mall ninjas) wear them to low. its not a knee holster. i dont care for them although if i got one to mount on my plate carrier it would be the blackhawk

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
leeindy said:
bat1159man said:

the whole reason for a drop leg is if youre wearing a lot of gear and cant get the weapon on your hip. most people (mall ninjas) wear them to low. its not a knee holster. i dont care for them although if i got one to mount on my plate carrier it would be the blackhawk
I will be making the trek to NW Montana regularly now and thought that the Tactical rig might come in handy when I am carrying a lot of tools and gear back into the brush and when I hike back in to camp. Sounds like it might work for that. Otherwise, I just use the Serpa on my belt.

G

·
bat1159man said:
I will be making the trek to NW Montana regularly now and thought that the Tactical rig might come in handy when I am carrying a lot of tools and gear back into the brush and when I hike back in to camp. Sounds like it might work for that. Otherwise, I just use the Serpa on my belt.
Walking with a load on my back is when I found the thigh rig the most uncomfortable, especially once I started to sweat.

I think they are good for standing around the range trying to look cool, and maybe for SWAT callouts that don't involve a lot of walking and only last a few hours.

Given any thought to a crossdraw holster on your belt?

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mike Barham said:
bat1159man said:
Walking with a load on my back is when I found the thigh rig the most uncomfortable, especially once I started to sweat.

I think they are good for standing around the range trying to look cool, and maybe for SWAT callouts that don't involve a lot of walking and only last a few hours.

Given any thought to a crossdraw holster on your belt?[/quote]

No, to be honest it never entered my mind. Thanks for the thought. Be a definate help when carrying tools. Still going to have to think of something when I have my backpack on because of my height and where the waist strap falls on my hips. Any thoughts there?

G

·
bat1159man said:
No, to be honest it never entered my mind. Thanks for the thought. Be a definate help when carrying tools. Still going to have to think of something when I have my backpack on because of my height and where the waist strap falls on my hips. Any thoughts there?
Can you attach a holster directly to the waist strap? Maybe a quick on-off holster you can put on either the waist strap or your belt?

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mike Barham said:
bat1159man said:
Can you attach a holster directly to the waist strap? Maybe a quick on-off holster you can put on either the waist strap or your belt?
Because of the width and thickness, I do not believe that would be a good solution. You got me thinking and I will need to investigate the possibility of a shoulder rig. There is a sternum strap and I may be able to work something with that style. Thanks for the jolt Mike. You got my mind kick started and off of "stuck." :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts