National Gun Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who wears tactical boots? How tactical boots look? & Why do you wear them?
Tactical boots are also known as Police boots. Tactical boots are designed for security professionals to handle tough situations. They look very interesting and are more comfortable then any other boots.
Tactical Boots.png

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,253 Posts
I have work boots and snake boots, and have no need for tactical boots.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
guess i wear tactical boots though i am not real tactical nowadays....

observations.........

the low end boots (<$150) are not durable for the long haul and need replacement often after a year or two....
i like and demand the side zipper models
i like the ankle support especially since i have a bad ankle.
the wife hates them as they easily track in mud, stickers, rocks etc.....
they are comfortable......

currently wearing 511 and they offer a size E which is appreciated......

Reactions: SGB

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Putting tactical in front of something just means you can charge twice as much for it.
Hell, they have tactical underwear!
that's kind of counter-productive to the term "going commando"..........

Reactions: Ziggidy

·
Low Speed High Drag
399 Posts
My last pair of "Tactical" boots where the 5.11's ATAC 6" side zipper boot. Light weight & very comfortable.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Tactical boots are a waste of money IMO, they jack up the price because it looks like a military boot and has 'tactical' in the name. A good pair of hiking boots fulfill the purpose more effectively and are actually worth the money you pay.

I will say that 5.11 Tactical does have some nice hiking boots, but they are expensive, probably more so than they need to be. I have a couple pairs that I got for a deal, one is an actual hiking boot with an aggressive sole and sturdy support, they other is more of an urban boot with good mobility and a mild tread. Both are good boots, but I don't know if I would pay full price for them.

Reactions: Win94ae

·
Super Moderator
11,337 Posts
My duty boots came from Big 5 on sale for $45 about six year ago. Very comfortable, side zipper, water proof, etc. Some off brand boot.

--Wag--

Reactions: SGB

·
Registered
13,195 Posts
I've never had "tactical" boots before but hands down the best work boots i ever owned are Carolinas. They last longer than a year of heavy abuse but i get a new pair every year because they company gives us a boot allowance. I have never seen a leather boot that was waterproof but these are pretty close. They are comfortable right out of the box and i have never worn a sole out yet and in fact i usually have to get the top aluminum grated step on my truck replaced yearly. When you get out you pivot your foot and it wears the grating down smooth and the metal gets so thin it starts to crack but it does not wear out the rubber sole. About the only thing i wear out on them is the laces and sometimes the leather off the steel toe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts