National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some time to do the "Tack-Driver Challenge" with a fairly new to me CZ 457 MTR and RWS R100 .22 rimfire ammunition:

Once I had this rifle sighted in to where, and how, it was printing groups, I set up a target at 35 meters to see what this rifle can do. One thing I did notice and others have mentioned it also, is that the last phase with turning the bolt down, presents a slightly stiff action. Yup, they are correct and here's why:

During the chambering process the bolt forces the bullet into the leade slightly until the first band of the bearing surface becomes slightly engraved, as you can see.
So, I loaded up and tried my hand at driving some orange dots the very same size as a thumb-tack:

I had a few "awsh!ts", but for the most part I was quite happy with the way this rifle shoots.

·
Aim true !
11,954 Posts
The 457 is a great rifle. I have one in 22 mag.

·
AZHerper
4,706 Posts
Had some time to do the "Tack-Driver Challenge" with a fairly new to me CZ 457 MTR and RWS R100 .22 rimfire ammunition:

Once I had this rifle sighted in to where, and how, it was printing groups, I set up a target at 35 meters to see what this rifle can do. One thing I did notice and others have mentioned it also, is that the last phase with turning the bolt down, presents a slightly stiff action. Yup, they are correct and here's why:

During the chambering process the bolt forces the bullet into the leade slightly until the first band of the bearing surface becomes slightly engraved, as you can see.
So, I loaded up and tried my hand at driving some orange dots the very same size as a thumb-tack:

I had a few "awsh!ts", but for the most part I was quite happy with the way this rifle shoots.
Lovely!

·
Registered
69 Posts
SGW-Gunsmith, I see in your photo in the first post that you have used SK- Rifle Match ammunition. How accurately did that ammunition shoot for you? I've had great results.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I don't know if this group is an anomaly, or not, but I was sure happy after five rounds of SK Rifle Match. The target on the right was shot using ELEY yellow box:

I shot these two groups at 45 yards, and will try that SK Match again. Just hope I can hold my tongue the same way I did on this target.

·
Premium Member
7,523 Posts
That’s impressive for a out of the box .22.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts