National Gun Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let you all know that surefire magazines has new 60 & 100 round magazines. They are remarkably leight and cheap. $90 and $125 respectivly. They fit the ar-15 platform and fit into pouches meant for two 30 clips. They are 5.56/.223 but they are working on a 40 round 7.62 and .308 magazine as well as magpull who have said they are making their own similiar HCM.

The only disadvantage is that they are too long at time making traditional prone impossible and probably won't work too well on a regular bench without some elevation.

·
Dong Tam, RSVN '69/'70
3,428 Posts
I have tried one and while they are ok I can't see why anyone would want one except for the Wow, what is that on your rifle factor.

Where I live I can buy 9 thirty round magazines with a total capacity of 270 rounds for what one of the 60 round mags cost.

How are they light? They add the weight of an additional 30 rounds (or 70 rounds in the case of the big one) to the overall weight of your rifle.

I can shoot the 30 round mag off the bench and at prone and if I ever had a mag malfunction I have 8 more magazines to fall back on.

I think the mags are a solution looking for a problem.

Don

1 - 2 of 2 Posts