National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've kicked around having my Beeman R-1 Magnum gone over, but at present don't know who can be trusted, not to mangle a mint example.

I'm probably not wishing for any major piston-spring mods done, other than cleaned, polishing, lubed, similar power Spring, new Piston-Breech Seals and given a clean bill of health.

Some other questions I've often wondered about, when sending off a Spring-Air Rifle, does the entire Rifle have to be shipped, or does just the barreled action suffice?

·
AZHerper
4,105 Posts
Welcome from Arizona. I can't answer your questions but I know that the Beeman R1 was a real breakthrough for its day. I believe that with the right pellets and tuning, the .177 version could be supersonic which was a profound achievement for an air rifle.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I think after Robert Beeman died, things at Beeman went to hell in a handbasket. No longer a custom shop, no custom fitted and checkered stocks, those Tyrolean Stocks they once made were gone, tunes and supertunes gone, parts, etc, etc. Doubt you'll even find a breach seal from them now.

They preferred then to go the big box wally world route, and trust those Beemans you see at such places are a far cry from many of the HW sourced airguns.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've kicked around having my Beeman R-1 Magnum gone over, but at present don't know who can be trusted, not to mangle a mint example.

I'm probably not wishing for any major piston-spring mods done, other than cleaned, polishing, lubed, similar power Spring, new Piston-Breech Seals and given a clean bill of health.

Some other questions I've often wondered about, when sending off a Spring-Air Rifle, does the entire Rifle have to be shipped, or does just the barreled action suffice?
Mark I'm going to suggest that you go to Gateway to Airguns web site. These folks are experts on air guns of all types and there are some fantastic guys there that can do anything you want to your rifle. They have worked on every model there is. Ask any questions you have and they will answer them honestly. I've been a member over there since I bought my first air rifle. If you have any questions, PM me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts