National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well i just joined the site. I have currently a pt140 taurus and it is my carry. I want to get back into shooting again as i havnt been able to in awhile. I am looking at a few new ones to get this summer. The main two are the 92fs which i have wanted for years , and the taurus judge. Really i just want something fun to shoot and of course to show off. I know theres not much in common with the two but i just can not make up my mind. Also does anyone have any good links to an online store that carrys a good amount of accessories for the 92? Thanks for any input.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Glad to have you posting.
I'm with you on your choices, except for the Judge. I sold one last week on GB. Paid $415 for it, sold for $700+++. Nice wheel gun but not worth the price IMHO. Watch the sales, they gotta come down.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Judge seems like a novelty item to me, not really that fun to shoot.
I have a Beretta 92 and love it!
I've put several thousand rounds through it and have never had a problem.
Go get you an M9 with accessory rail.
You won't be sorry.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i think the judge is out of the picture for now. I went and looked at a 92 the other day and i think i will be getting it in a few weeks. Just want to get some of the wrap around grips for it and a few toys maby. 500 with 2 clips sound like a decent deal?

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I looked at some ended auctions on GunBroker.

A Very Good used 92F goes for about $400.

A new FS is about $450-$475 plus shipping.

$500 for one with 2 mags sure sounds like it's in the ballpark.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I'm with you on "The Judge", Whompuss -- UnFlippinBelievable!!! I brought in a couple of them just before Chrismas for a special customer of mine. The gentleman is an 86-yr-old retired Milwaukee policeman who, as he says, is just having the time of his life with what's left of his life.

I had one HELL of a time finding that silly thing for him since they were bought up as quick as they hit the market in both the wholesale and even the auction end of things. He paid around $450.00 for each of his and I was thinking that was a bit steep...

See why I never got rich in the stock market?!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Next month I'm going to be getting my first handgun. Going to be a GP100 6" stainless. The gun just feels like I'm supposed to have it :lol: Was also looking at a used 92 with two clips for around 400$ which was in nice shape. Would probably consider it if it wasn't a single stack compact :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Juhosaphat said:
Next month I'm going to be getting my first handgun. Going to be a GP100 6" stainless. The gun just feels like I'm supposed to have it :lol: Was also looking at a used 92 with two clips for around 400$ which was in nice shape. Would probably consider it if it wasn't a single stack compact :(
She Nine has the short barrel GP100. She posted some incredible range results with it. The long barrel is a tad heavy, not sure the extra is wirth the increase in accuracy. The short is damn accurate.

·
Registered
811 Posts
whompuss said:
Juhosaphat said:
She Nine has the short barrel GP100. She posted some incredible range results with it. The long barrel is a tad heavy, not sure the extra is wirth the increase in accuracy. The short is damn accurate.
Im thinking about getting a Ruger .357 myself either a GP100 or a Security Six. Im with whompuss I like the 4" barrels myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts