· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Mr.
210 Posts
That place is still open?

· Registered
396 Posts
Subway makes the worst sandwiches anyway. Their meats are low grade and the roast beef looks like plastic. They take a slice of cheese and cut it diagonal and call it two slices. The bread is like flavorless paper. But hey, they’re cheap!
If I want something cheap, I go to Taco Bell. If I want a sandwich, it's gotta be a good one, so I go to a local deli. There's one in particular a couple towns over that I will gladly go out of my way for when the craving hits.

· Registered
4,408 Posts
I used to go to Subway all the time. I think Jared had something to do with it. I got sandwiches from supermarket deli's that use boarshead meat. As strange as it sounds they pile the meat on. That should be a good thing but I like the balance of toppings and bread. Subway skimps on the meat but they get close to a good balance.

· Registered
4,408 Posts
As a private business they can do what they want and not allowing open carry is not a big deal to me. I can still conceal which is my preferred carry. I rarely open carry but when I do I usually keep my 'lil Elsie Pea in my back pocket holster. I can't help but feel if confronted I will be asked to disarm. I practice that too. I drop my gun on the bed. Grab my shirt at the chest and pull up and do a slow twirl. I volunteer my wallet, twist to show me grabbing it out of my back pocket but slowly twist back as I draw my wallet holster.

I understand people freaking out when they see a gun and many do. In an effort to portray guns in a better light I tell people I have a gun and usually they had no clue. I explain it's for defensive purposes, blah, blah,blah. I don't blurt it out I find a time so no one feels threatened. I sold concert tickets to this older guy at a chick-fil-a at 0400. He said they would be open but they weren't. It was his suggestion so I was cautious. The transaction was legit without any problems. We had a chance to talk latter and I explained my trepidation and was glad I had no need for the gun I had with me.

· Registered
4,408 Posts
1000% Jersey Mike’s!!! Had one this week.
Yea you from Jersey. I think you like the name. I know a guy from Jersy and he's picky. He likes Baldinos.

· Registered
4,408 Posts
I used to go to Jimmy Johns and firehouse but you can't beat the specials at Subway with the $5 footlongs.

Reactions: Stevejet

· Registered
6,726 Posts
went to a place called "firehouse subs".........been the best so far.

in the article, the owner apparently went with the pressure from the democrats and they cited the increased gun sales due to the pandemic and therefore the increased safety risk.....

near as i can tell.......firearms sales have been steadily increasing and have hit the stratosphere in the past couple of months......but the homicide and aggravated assault rate has not risen.....

what has risen is arson, vandalism, etc......all in blue controlled cities with the strictest gun control.

· Premium Member
9,928 Posts
There are over 500 Jersey Mike’s locations. It started in Point Pleasant, New Jersey. Firehouse Subs are also good. I never heard of Baldinos.

· Aim true !
14,173 Posts
I used to get the subway meatball foot longs. Then they downsized the meat balls. It don't even fill the roll out. I asked for enough to fill it out. She said that will be an extra charge. So i walked away. We have a Penn Jersey store they have great subs. 4.85 for a super italian. And it's packed!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.