National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased some Subsonic 300 Blackout ammo for my AR but it doesn't cycle correctly and jams the gun. My understanding is that the subsonic rounds are made for a suppressed AR. Do these subsonic rounds cycle correctly in a suppressed AR? or is the subsonic round just not powerful enough to cycle correctly regardless of whether or not it's suppressed?

·
Registered
9,128 Posts
It has nothing to do with the suppressor. It is just the low power ammo. Your gun is not set up for that load.

·
Registered
9,128 Posts
Possibly but then it would create an issue when you go to the regular ammo.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought my first 300 Blackout, with the intent of running subsonic ammo through it. Its an 8.5" PSA, with a pistol length gas system. I intend to get a suppressor, but want to break it in with some subsonic ammo first before I do that. Does anyone know of any subsonic 300 Blackout that is good for training with? (Not going to break the bank). I have bought some factory ammo, but it seems that it's more intended for a longer barrel. Im getting yellow flakes in the lower receiver, looks like unburnt powder to me. Wondering if anyone makes a specific load for shorter barrels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts