National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Gun Cashew
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read one of the stupidest articles I've ever read on gun control and am tearing my hair out. I cannot believe people can be this asinine.

Some anti-gun dude wrote this massive article on why guns are evil, why gun control works, why the laws aren't strict enough and why we are all dumb little children who should give up our choices. Not surprised by it at all, but I'm disgusted at how illogical some folks can be.

He wrote an article with 21 "reasons" (read: illogical, emotionally-driven crap) why guns should be regulated more or outright banned.

Read it and tell me your blood doesn't boil.

I'm going to pick this guy apart by refuting everything he says. Started on it here:

http://www.banforksandspoons.com/21-...efuted-part-1/

The article he wrote is huge. Going to post new part every few days refuting his nonsense.

Feel free to comment on the article as it progresses. Feedback is welcome.

·
"You talkin to me?"
4,295 Posts
I just read one of the stupidest articles I've ever read on gun control and am tearing my hair out. I cannot believe people can be this asinine.

Some anti-gun dude wrote this massive article on why guns are evil, why gun control works, why the laws aren't strict enough and why we are all dumb little children who should give up our choices. Not surprised by it at all, but I'm disgusted at how illogical some folks can be.

He wrote an article with 21 "reasons" (read: illogical, emotionally-driven crap) why guns should be regulated more or outright banned.

Read it and tell me your blood doesn't boil.

I'm going to pick this guy apart by refuting everything he says. Started on it here:

http://www.banforksandspoons.com/21-...efuted-part-1/

The article he wrote is huge. Going to post new part every few days refuting his nonsense.

Feel free to comment on the article as it progresses. Feedback is welcome.

do you have a link to the article?

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
I will say it again. If one argues with a fool. Who is the fool? No I am not calling you a fool. I learned long ago that when it comes to stupidity the anti gunners are the first hog to the trough. Most of them are big government liberals that believe they should be taken care of from the cradle to the grave. And the government, funded by taxpayers, are the people that are responsible for taking care of them. In a crisis situation they do make great 'Cannon fodder'.
I refrain from reading this type of gun control crap. All it does is make me mad, at my age I can't afford a blood pressure spike. St Francis was right: God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.
I agree with you:mad2:

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,413 Posts
Fools abound. It seems one just wrote an article on gun control.

You cannot change his mind. He will not change his mind until he encounters a situation where he needs a firearm. He may not change his mind then. After all, he is a fool.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
They are fools and liberals....They are also a gene pool gone wrong....somebody got drunk and most of it ran down his leg!!

Can't pay any attention to them, mentally I turn them off. The only way they get attention is if they come on my property or get in my way.

And like north said...they are cradle to grave for the government to take care of them, they are just another piece of BS you have to step on if they get in the way.

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Many people believe certain things in certain ways because the belief makes them feel good about themselves. No fault of logic, or failure of proof, can turn them away from what has become, essentially, their self-image. If you point out their faults of logic, or failures of proof, that tells them only one thing: Since what they believe makes them good, denying what they believe makes you bad. To complete their proof to themselves that they believe good things, they persecute -- or prosecute -- the people they have found to believe bad things. It's really as simple as that.

If you gather a bunch of people like this who believe in similar things, you get Liberals.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
Quote "State militias had the right to bear arms, but individual, unattached Americans had no such right—"

That's funny, who then should stop a government from enslaving it's peoples like what happened in Germany, it's own state militia,ummm... like the SS in Germany? I think these guys knew on which side they were to start with.

And then these guys wonder why there's so many peoples shot LOL
Edit:
In Canada we have no "right" to bare arms, they stole that right to replace it with a privilege and they fear peoples with guns so much once we have that privilege that we're more checked and monitored than convicted pedophiles i'm not kidding. Never let them take that right away from you.

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
If liberals were interested and curious enough, they'd 'do some google' and discover something they cannot face. The notion of 'militia' means 'citizens who are good at using firearms that can also be used for military purposes'.

Regardless, the author of this miserable dreck is not trying to persuade us of anything at all. Nope. He's saying stuff to the firm believers in sewer-grade scholarship that will make followers applaud him, or even get him [email protected]

Reactions: Northtidesix

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Here he says, and I quote:

"Put plainly, guns are tools that have only one real use: to kill things. They exist for the simple purpose of propelling a small projectile at high rates of speeds towards a target, with the direct goal of causing it physical trauma."

That has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever read!
There are people that own guns that have never hunted a day in their lives!
I can think of several that I know of.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
It never fails to amaze me how blind anti-gunners are to the facts. All they have to do is look at the crime/violence rates of the cities with the most restrictive & punitive gun laws like Chicago, NYC & most of California. The numbers fly in the face of every part of their argument but it doesn't even phase them. They're idiots, plain & simple!

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
Quote the anti gun crap in that article

Yeah, that makes sense buddy, one of your best anti gun celebrity is Sylvester Stalone... Rings a bell?

·
Gun Cashew
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Loving the responses. Hilarious, pointed and logical. I, too, cannot stand the idea of government taking care of me. That in itself is pretty anti-gun, if you think about it.

I will say it again. If one argues with a fool. Who is the fool? No I am not calling you a fool. I learned long ago that when it comes to stupidity the anti gunners are the first hog to the trough. Most of them are big government liberals that believe they should be taken care of from the cradle to the grave. And the government, funded by taxpayers, are the people that are responsible for taking care of them. In a crisis situation they do make great 'Cannon fodder'.
I refrain from reading this type of gun control crap. All it does is make me mad, at my age I can't afford a blood pressure spike. St Francis was right: God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.
I agree with you:mad2:

I know you're not calling me a fool. I think who benefits from these kinds of articles (and their refutations) are people who are on the fence about guns. If you provide facts, logic and common sense, it's the hope that they will see the pro-gun way, because that's what guns are all about - common sense et al.

2nd part of the refutation will be posted shortly. Going to mail it to that guy when done.

·
Gun Cashew
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Part 2, refuting an anti-gunner's "arguments".

Gentlemen there is no cure for stupid... and reading stuff from morons will only cause gray hair .
This is assuming I have hair left after reading what he wrote! :biggrin5:

The good thing an anti-gun article like that is it galvanizes reasonable folks and get them impassioned enough to speak up for their rights. I honestly think I've found part of my calling in calling this guy out.

Posted part 2. There are going to be many parts since his article was as long as his brain stem is short:

21 Reasons Why Gun Control Works ? REFUTED! Part 2

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
We should find ways to put this more public :lol:
Great job btw :thumbsup:

Reactions: OhNoNotaGun

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
Wow! this -> "By making killing easy, guns directly contribute to the thought process that must go into a killing and facilitate even higher body counts."

I have no idea what it takes to even think of killing another human being, how can an anti gun know that there's a thought process at all and that it's easier to do such a thing with a gun ? That line made me go whoooa! This guy just opens his mouth and sh***t comes out, that's all i can say when i read this

Sorry i guess you wanted to know what we think of the answers you provided right. It just blows my mind how stupid this one person is

Reactions: OhNoNotaGun

·
Registered
109 Posts
When I lived in South Florida, there was a disk jockey that was very anti gun. He talked about it every chance he got......until his apartment got broken into while he was home. He had an instant change of heart. He was man enough to go on the air and say he had a change and was going to buy a gun. Sometimes it just has to happen closer to home to make a believer out of some folks. I had rather learn by other's mistakes.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts