National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been putting peep sights on quite a few rifles and was going to hit the range today and sight in a couple. But right now it's 4 degrees and not supposed to get out of the teens plus it's windy which will make the range really windy. Just not feeling a range day today.
Anyway can you bore sight peep sights like a scope using the look through the bore method and lining up the bore and sights on a target? I'm assuming it would work the same but I've never heard of anyone doing it.

Reactions: gvaldeg1

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
That's what I did when I affixed some Magpul flip-up sights on one of my flattop AR's... And I was on paper just fine when I went to the range.

So yes.

·
Live Free
3,875 Posts
I would think it might work. Get something at a distance to sight in on and try it. I used a neighbors mailbox that was almost 90 yards away. It had a yellow flower on it that was easy to pick out. Seems like peeps ought to rough adjust the same way…

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Yes you can bore site iron sites. It was being done long before optical sites became common and popular.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have been putting peep sights on quite a few rifles and was going to hit the range today and sight in a couple. But right now it's 4 degrees and not supposed to get out of the teens plus it's windy which will make the range really windy. Just not feeling a range day today.
Anyway can you bore sight peep sights like a scope using the look through the bore method and lining up the bore and sights on a target? I'm assuming it would work the same but I've never heard of anyone doing it.
Glory be! I just might not be the only one that really likes peep sights after all. It seems I never run into people with any interest in them at all. I seem to have a natural ability to hit well with them and have a couple of rifles that won't ever have scopes on them that could. Yes, I think is the answer but I always just "walked mine in" through the "shoot and adjust" method. BTW, the colder it gets the more accurate peep sights become...... if you aren't shivering with hypothermia. Just an unexplainable part of science in "the twilight zone".....

·
Super Moderator
13,326 Posts
I prefer peep sights over any other, however, they do have limits.

--Wag--

·
Registered
15,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glory be! I just might not be the only one that really likes peep sights after all. It seems I never run into people with any interest in them at all. I seem to have a natural ability to hit well with them and have a couple of rifles that won't ever have scopes on them that could. Yes, I think is the answer but I always just "walked mine in" through the "shoot and adjust" method. BTW, the colder it gets the more accurate peep sights become...... if you aren't shivering with hypothermia. Just an unexplainable part of science in "the twilight zone".....
I've always loved peeps over standard iron, to me they are much easier to use. I have them on 8 or so rifles now and plan on at least several more. Never did get a chance to play with bench sighting but this weekend it's going to be colder than last so it will be another day of not shooting. It was -8 to -18 today depending on where i was and it's finally warmed up to -2. This weekend is going to be similar to today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts