·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: Wag

·
Live Free
2,886 Posts
I am thankful for those willing to arm themselves in defense of their family and friends and neighbors. I am very grateful that God gives men and women strength to do what is right in the face of horror and adversity. It is a sad day when evil actions take the lives of our fellow men and women, but, thank God for the ability to defend and to fight evil. And that God given ability is enshrined in our Constitution!

I am glad for the law changes that Texas implemented too, but I find it a bit sad that the Lt. Governor is so proud and pointing out their accomplishments at a time like that. The recently passed laws in Texas are great, but they are great because they unleashed the citizens of the great state of Texas and allowed them more of what the Constitution intended all along. It would seem to me that the Lt. Gov was crowing about finally getting out of the way! It is good that the law was passed, but if the state would allow the Constitution to guarantee the rights of Texans as it should, there would never have been laws preventing arms as there were in the first place.

Please do not misunderstand me. I am pleased with what Texas is doing in regard to firearm rights for citizens. I am going to move to Texas if all goes well, sometime this summer! But I do think we ought to be a bit more humble and admit that all that was done was to finally undo a wrong against citizens; a wrong that had infringed upon their rights under the Constitution, and be thankful to see Texans responding appropriately against evil.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
over-all.............the pro 2A crowd by its nature is humble, quiet, and respectful.......has been for many years. That is changing. The vitriol spewing from the various liberals and the politics on both sides of the isles is spilling over into the communities and the pro 2a crowd is affected just as much as anyone else.

if the LT Governor had been a democrat, we all know that there would had been an anti-gun line of propaganda he would had thrown in......heck, we actually would EXPECT an anti gun statement and mention an ar15 and high capacity mags even though such was not involved...

but the politics has now created push-back......and this republican did not waste the oppertunity. He made a pro gun argument with national coverage during a tragedy.....just like a democrat would had made an anti gun statement.

so while i might raise an eyebrow over never letting a tragedy go to waste being used for a 2a argument.......times change.

evil exists, evil was confronted and immediately defeated.....and a law that was passed actually helped defeat the evil......personally i would publish it on the front page of every newspaper in the State......

·
Live Free
2,886 Posts
over-all.............the pro 2A crowd by its nature is humble, quiet, and respectful.......has been for many years. That is changing. The vitriol spewing from the various liberals and the politics on both sides of the isles is spilling over into the communities and the pro 2a crowd is affected just as much as anyone else.

if the LT Governor had been a democrat, we all know that there would had been an anti-gun line of propaganda he would had thrown in......heck, we actually would EXPECT an anti gun statement and mention an ar15 and high capacity mags even though such was not involved...

but the politics has now created push-back......and this republican did not waste the oppertunity. He made a pro gun argument with national coverage during a tragedy.....just like a democrat would had made an anti gun statement.

so while i might raise an eyebrow over never letting a tragedy go to waste being used for a 2a argument.......times change.

evil exists, evil was confronted and immediately defeated.....and a law that was passed actually helped defeat the evil......personally i would publish it on the front page of every newspaper in the State......
Yeah, I know politics has “created pushback,” but I do not want to act in the same manner as those I oppose. I am glad for this outcome, as I said, but I do not want to see good people act like liberal idiots, and I see the drift that direction occurring. I do not wish to see, down the road, good being done in a despicable manner...if you know what I mean. If we really think radical liberal behavior is appalling, then we ought to avoid similar behavior...easier said than done, I know.

·
Registered
18,636 Posts
"..........then we ought to avoid similar behavior..."

John McCain and Mitt Romney found out how that philosophy panned-out. We are talking politics here, not "what would Miss Manners say".

The individual voters should exhibit civility, as you have pointed out. But the candidate should use every opportunity and "crisis" to make the political points needed.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I was surprised when I found a article in the " Communist News Network" (CNN) that actually celebrated the fact that Texas laws allows the carrying of weapons in a church, and give it credit for saving lives in the Texas church shooting.
Could it be that CNN has finally realized that "Gun free zones" is not worth the paper is written on? Nah!

·
Super Moderator
11,359 Posts
Yeah, I know politics has “created pushback,” but I do not want to act in the same manner as those I oppose. I am glad for this outcome, as I said, but I do not want to see good people act like liberal idiots, and I see the drift that direction occurring. I do not wish to see, down the road, good being done in a despicable manner...if you know what I mean. If we really think radical liberal behavior is appalling, then we ought to avoid similar behavior...easier said than done, I know.
Sadly, we must fight fire with fire. It's unfortunate that we have evil in the world but if we're going to fight it, we have to use the most effective weapons at our disposal. Our reluctance to do so is exactly the reason we have lost so much ground in recent decades and will continue to lose ground if we don't rise to the challenge.

We fight wars where we have to do despicable things and we have to be willing to play the political games in the evil manner that Dems have done for so long.

--Wag--

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
We all know politicians will do what politicians do. Good, bad or ugly in this case it was to highlight something good and positive.

The main stream media will do what they have been doing and they will minimize the good guy with a gun and try to promote their anti-gun agenda.

Politicians are expected to give a press conference or be a part of one. The media is obligated to cover it so anything that is said, however ill timed, will probably be presented to the general public. As obvious as it seems there will be some in the public that actually learn that sometimes making guns more available will actually make things safer.

Neil Boortz a retired local radio personality use to use the term "the masses" when referring to the ignorant general public. He used to say it more like "damasses". Keep saying it over and over again if you didn't get it. There's a reason the anti-gun agenda is so successful. Da masses are going along with it. Take every opportunity to educate da masses however inappropriate it seems.

·
Live Free
2,886 Posts
Sadly, we must fight fire with fire. It's unfortunate that we have evil in the world but if we're going to fight it, we have to use the most effective weapons at our disposal. Our reluctance to do so is exactly the reason we have lost so much ground in recent decades and will continue to lose ground if we don't rise to the challenge.

We fight wars where we have to do despicable things and we have to be willing to play the political games in the evil manner that Dems have done for so long.

--Wag--
It is not too difficult to see that I am in the minority here, but I will make one last input. Though I post as a reply to Wag, I think it is a general response as well. I do not agree that the means of fighting evil is to use the same evil techniques as those we oppose; when we do, we degenerate into being just as lowly and despicable people as those who we have long stood against. The reason the anti-gun push has had so much success is not because we have failed to use their techniques, but because most of us have done nothing at all. Sure, we might have thrown some money at the problem with our NRA membership or GOA, or... But essentially we have mostly sat back and let others be our voice. If we are going to fight evil in the world, then we need to take a righteous stand and do something besides sending a check. Those who oppose us can easily see that if they can beat the NRA, the battle is mostly won. More could be said about the NRA, but that is for another time. It is not our reluctance to use our oppositions tactics that has given them the advantage, it is our reluctance to do anything. Being content with politicians beginning to employ the same tactics in favor of the 2nd is doing the same thing, only worse. We are still doing nothing and now content with whatever means they choose to employ.

I have fought in a couple of wars in my day, and our military was always held to a higher standard, though we fought fiercely. We have never settled for our forces using the despicable practices of our enemies. Likewise I do not wish to use the same lowly practices of our political adversaries either. If we act like them, we will soon be just like them.

Again, I am delighted that a few guns were able to stop evil in that Texas church as quickly as they did. I rejoice in the minimal loss of lives even as I mourn the lives lost. And I am glad for the laws that allowed this in Texas, but I disagree with the political ploys.

·
Registered
629 Posts
There's a difference between liberals using every killing in an anti-gun protest before the bodies are cold and people discussing honestly how lives are saved with guns before the bodies are cold.

One comparison that comes to mind would be like comparing a bunch of liberals disrupting a good movie in a theater protesting the use of plastic straws. Completely dishonest and pointless. But when conservatives disrupt a good movie in a theater yelling fire (when there is one), it could be called the same tactic but this one matters and saves lives.

Those who understand how important guns are to saving lives need to make as many aware of this story as possible and they need to do it immediately. If those running any church, any business, any place where people gather, change their mind and allow guns because of this story then lives may be saved.

·
Registered
579 Posts
..... And I am glad for the laws that allowed this in Texas, but I disagree with the political ploys.

I don't see this is in any way similar to
the opportunistic gun fear mongering democrats employ when a shooting occurs:

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, speaking at the evening news conference, highlighted changes in state law that ensured the right to carry concealed weapons in churches. He credited the churches volunteer security team for protecting their fellow members. "The heroism today is unparalleled," Patrick said. "This team responded quickly, and within six seconds the shooting was over."

To me, It's quite the contrary!
Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick is saying we hear and are doing things to help our people to protect themselves!

·
Super Moderator
11,359 Posts
It is not too difficult to see that I am in the minority here, but I will make one last input. Though I post as a reply to Wag, I think it is a general response as well. I do not agree that the means of fighting evil is to use the same evil techniques as those we oppose; when we do, we degenerate into being just as lowly and despicable people as those who we have long stood against. The reason the anti-gun push has had so much success is not because we have failed to use their techniques, but because most of us have done nothing at all. Sure, we might have thrown some money at the problem with our NRA membership or GOA, or... But essentially we have mostly sat back and let others be our voice. If we are going to fight evil in the world, then we need to take a righteous stand and do something besides sending a check. Those who oppose us can easily see that if they can beat the NRA, the battle is mostly won. More could be said about the NRA, but that is for another time. It is not our reluctance to use our oppositions tactics that has given them the advantage, it is our reluctance to do anything. Being content with politicians beginning to employ the same tactics in favor of the 2nd is doing the same thing, only worse. We are still doing nothing and now content with whatever means they choose to employ.

I have fought in a couple of wars in my day, and our military was always held to a higher standard, though we fought fiercely. We have never settled for our forces using the despicable practices of our enemies. Likewise I do not wish to use the same lowly practices of our political adversaries either. If we act like them, we will soon be just like them.

Again, I am delighted that a few guns were able to stop evil in that Texas church as quickly as they did. I rejoice in the minimal loss of lives even as I mourn the lives lost. And I am glad for the laws that allowed this in Texas, but I disagree with the political ploys.
Very salient point worth some thought.

Also, thanks for the rational conversation.

--Wag--

·
Registered
702 Posts
Very salient point worth some thought.

Also, thanks for the rational conversation.

--Wag--
BTDT in war. My only gripe is the U.S.A. is the ONLY country to abide by the Geneva convention or any other ETHICAL Laws/Rules of engagement and the only one that is scrutinized/condemned by others when someone does something to offend the ENEMY. Why do you/we go to war if not to win? It is a lost cause trying to force others to our Western ways--but some people think we should try. They should be the one on the front line talking/shooting their way to changing others way of life. Freedom comes at a cost and those NOT willing to die for it should leave this Country and see how they would fare OVER THERE! Or anywhere North or South of us.
I don't think many would like it very much.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts