National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand black-powder requires special handling! It is far more volatile than smokeless powder and needs to be stored safely.

Do you stock black-powder and if so how do you store it in your home?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I purchased a black powder magazine and use it for both my black powder and smokeless powder. It is lockable, on wheels, and is deep enough to allow double tiered storage. It has worked out great for me.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gabby said:
I purchased a black powder magazine and use it for both my black powder and smokeless powder. It is lockable, on wheels, and is deep enough to allow double tiered storage. It has worked out great for me.

Now that is very slick, where did you find that? Price Range?

Lee

·
Registered
263 Posts
[/quote]Now that is very slick, where did you find that? Price Range?[/quote]

I bought mine a couple of years ago through The Maine Powder House .

The Maine Powder House
P.O. Box 5
Peru, Maine 04290
207-562-7499
[email protected]

It was a special deal through a black powder message board I participate on. The owner of the Powder House got a good buy and passed the savings on to members of that board with a very special price. Of course he got quite a few orders and was able to purchase a significant number and have them drop shipped directly to the buyers's home from the factory. It was a good deal for him and us.

Cabela's has what I believe is the identical item listed on page 27 of their 2007 Shooting Catalog. Item #XW-21-3975 at a cost of $289.99. They list the wheels separately as item #XW-21-3976 at an additional cost of $34.99. I paid considerably less than this complete with wheels and shipping. I would suggest contacting The Maine Powder House and seeing what they will do. I doubt that they will match the price I paid but who knows......maybe they'll be able to put together and offer another bulk buy.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Gabby! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts