National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as some of you may or may not know I have a pair of single action army revolver's and am currently in the process of getting verious pieces of equipment to help make them better at what they do, I.E. shoot accurately, quicker on the draw, easier to handle and fire especially with one hand.

Now I'm also grabbing any spare parts that I can find just in case something breaks on one of them and in the process am trying to get a little repair kit going for my bug out bag. All of that having been said I'm also not one to shy away from having one of my guns become what I call a gimmick gun, for example I plan on getting a 16 inch barrel for my second single action to see if it actually does improve my accuracy.

All of this however I'd like to run by you fine people here to see if you have any advice for a gunsmith newbie. Is there anything you would recommend I get for my pistols or not do to them in the first place.

· Super Moderator
16,630 Posts
The thing you can buy that will likely improve the accuracy of most any firearm is,

ammunition.

Alan

· Registered
6,726 Posts
check in with the cowboy action shooting crowd.......they probably have a good handle on what spare parts are nice to have and also some tips and tricks on the single action revolvers from the various gun makers........

or just get the Ruger "old style" vaqueros or the new blackhawks......they seem to have an outstanding reputation of not having to visit a gun smith for parts breakage.....

· Registered
22,093 Posts
While they certainly don't have the balance and cachet of the Colt SAA and its clones, the Ruger SA - in Blackhawk or Vaquero - cannot be beat for durability. And its accuracy is on par with all the others. I mean, how accurate do you expect a fixed sight big-bore revolver to be? I know this because I own and shoot Colt's, Beretta Stampede's and Ruger Vaquero & Blackhawks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.