National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helloall. Firstpost for me. I've got three old rifles I'd like to get some opinions on regardingtheir value or significance. I might be selling them soon, butI'm not an expert and don't want to get taken.

Here'sthe first, and most important to me. A Stevens Favorite model 1915 .22rifle. This was my grandfather's first gun. He was bornin 1908. I also have the original sale tag. The back ofthe tag (too faint to photograph well) shows a handwritten price of$10.50 and a date of 10/10/1920. I've shot it a few times, andit works well. I would say it is in average condition, which isgood for 99 years old. It has his name hand stamped in thebarrel.

Thanksin advance for any opinions you may have!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Pretty sure that's what they call the crack shot rifle. I know in really nice shape(like new) they can go over a thousand bucks but have no idea of value in the type of condition. Some guns can fall dramatically while others will still hold some decent value. That's a nice piece of history and if it were me i would hang on to it especially since you have the original tag.

·
Aim true !
10,296 Posts
I like my crackshot dated 1913. Accurate little gun. And agree hang onto it. Especially being an family heirloom. If you need money bad. Take out a loan or work some OT.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both. I'm interested in the value, but my first goal is to hand it (and the Winchester in my other post) down to someone in the next generation of the family, but it's not easy to find someone with any interest and/or responsibility.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts