National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Super Moderator
16,638 Posts
They "could" possibly fit, but may require some "fitting" by a gunsmith. Or you could get lucky and they match up. I have a 311D 20 ga and another 311? 20 ga. I seem to remember trying exchanging the barrels. The fit was less than the fit on the original guns.

If you don't mind my asking, Why are you having to replace the barrels?

Alan

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for getting back to me. The reason I need to replace the barrels is a long, sad story since this shotgun was the first one I owned, purchased in the Summer of 1967 to hunt doves that coming Fall. I had the gun in a hard case and "hid" it in my attic. My AC unit, also in the attic developed a leak, the water found its way to the case and ruined the barrel and the buttstock. It makes me about cry every time I think about it.

· Super Moderator
16,638 Posts
I have a similar story. Mine, purchased in 1969, was in the trunk of my car, which leaked, and it sat submerged for two weeks. I dried out the stock, had it re-blued and refinished the stock. The blueing did not improve the barrels much and turned the receiver purple. I continued to use it for many years. My sons all used it as well as they were growing up.

I found another one in a pawn shop about 5-6 years ago and bought it thinking I would use it as a replacement... I didn't. The old one warts, scars and all can't be replaced. So the new one sits in the back of the safe and the old one is up front. Now I have one for each grandson...

Alan

· Super Moderator
16,638 Posts
And, I grew up in South Louisiana. So getting my shotgun sopping wet or even full of mud was not uncommon. Once I fell off of a log and into the swamp mud. I swished the shotgun around in the water and shoot a few more squirrels. When I got home I took the stock off and sprayed the guts out with the water hose and then flushed it throughout with WD40 and 30Wt. I’ve replaced the right side firing pin three times. Once with a home made job.

The Stevens 311 series and their various cousins are tough shotguns.

Alan

Reactions: Wag
1 - 6 of 6 Posts