National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
for my is the other way around i have shot thousands more of steel on my range rifles all ars in different calibers never had any problems

i have brass because i thought it was better but i get better accuracy less than .75 inch with steel in .308 and 7.62x39 about an inch with .223 at 100 yds

·
Ruler of Ramnation
993 Posts
Don't care too much for published tests. Way too many variables. I'll only shoot steel cased ammo in one of my firearms since it was ultimately designed to do so.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
FIRST OF ALL, nobody even makes lacquer coated ammo anymore - all the Russian armories use polymer or metals to coat their steel cases. I would have rather seen the test with Golden Bear (brass coated steel cases) and Silver Bear (zinc coated steel cases). I have used Silver Bear in my AK47, SKS, and Siaga .223 with all 3 rifles delivering more than acceptable accuracy, especially considering the price of both weapons and ammo, and all without any function issues.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Eh oh my been pounding the research trail, Horselips correct the lacquer was the worst, with the advancement in metallurgy the steel is fine but still carries a bad name, I have "HEARD" "it broke this or busted that, with steel cased ammo" when I side with the spouter, and ask pic`s got any they look at me as if I kicked them in the knutz and spit on them when down. If IF your $1900 1911 is broken by ammo and in today`s world WOULD YOU TAKE PICTURES? Camera on every cell phone...and that is enough said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts