National Gun Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
I gave the decision to Nic, he picked the walnut flag engraved with the silver cross inlay. That’s good by me. Meets the patriot and Christian in me. Also creates a contrast between the grip themes.
Brown Product Wood Cross Font

I should be able to take a belt sander and round over the top on the controls side to match the profile on the grips I’m taking off.

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
I gave the decision to Nic, he picked the walnut flag engraved with the silver cross inlay. That’s good by me. Meets the patriot and Christian in me. Also creates a contrast between the grip themes.
View attachment 138423
I should be able to take a belt sander and round over the top on the controls side to match the profile on the grips I’m taking off.
Great choice!

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
The description identifies the cross as a "thin aluminum insert". That's a little concerning pertaining to durability but I guess we will see.
Where did you find them… can you share the link? I really like these

thx

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Where did you find them… can you share the link? I really like these

thx
Unfortunately, the only place I could find them was Amazon. I could not find a link directly with the manufacturer.

Now that I bought these, the Kimber Raptor I bought I believe has the same grips the factory grips on the American Classic II.

Edit: I just looked, they are the same grips, the Raptor just has the scales in reverse.

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Unfortunately, the only place I could find them was Amazon. I could not find a link directly with the manufacturer.

Now that I bought these, the Kimber Raptor I bought I believe has the same grips the factory grips on the American Classic II.

Edit: I just looked, they are the same grips, the Raptor just has the scales in reverse.

Thank you but you know me… No woke Amazon :) for me

I’ll scour the interweb and see if I can find something similar… I really like those

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Thank you but you know me… No woke Amazon :) for me

I’ll scour the interweb and see if I can find something similar… I really like those
Not going to lie, I try to find the source if possible but sometimes, Amazon is the only outlet for smaller shops.

That said, these grips are GORGEOUS!
Brown Textile Rectangle Sleeve Wood

The pic below has some sunlight on it from the window.
Wood Artifact Font Automotive exterior Rectangle

I did have to file the control side a little bit but not a lot, in order to clear the oversized controls on the MetroArms.
Communication Device Wood Gadget Bumper Automotive exterior

Wow, they made this gun look good! These pics are just with the chandelier light in my dining room.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Everyday carry
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

I would have easily paid $100 for a set had I seen them in person first. I still have reservations on the inlays staying put but they are laid in there perfectly so they may surprise me.

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Two down. The third Metro just arrived at the FFL about an hour ago but I’m going to wait to pick it up. The Kimber Raptor will be there tomorrow and the Springfield Loaded will be there Monday, so I’ll wait until Monday. I do already have another set of “Remember 9-11” grips for the other Loaded.

With a little ambient sunlight from the window.
Photograph Green Air gun Trigger Line

the one at the top in this pic is a little bit lighter but I can darken that with a little Tung oil.

Trigger Air gun Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I changed the title and removed “Garrison” because this thread is more than just the Garrison now. It’s a good thread though, like I said, stainless is tough to buy for.

On that note, the only two I will still have in the collection that haven’t had grip treatments will be the Kimber Raptor and the S&W. Both very different looking guns.

The S&W
Air gun Wood Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel

And since I don’t have the Raptor here, I’ll steal a pic off Kimber’s Facebook page…
Hand Finger Air gun Trigger Office equipment

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I ordered a set of the navy blue g10s for the raptor and a new MSH with magwell. Saw this one and thought it doesn’t look bad. I just like the blue.

{I removed the pic}

I came real close to ordering a set of those blue gator grips but haven’t yet.

I am on the fence about the S&W. It may end up in auction. I’ve been seeing them go for 50% over what I paid. Tempting.

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
I ordered a set of the navy blue g10s for the raptor and a new MSH with magwell. Saw this one and thought it doesn’t look bad. I just like the blue.

{I removed the pic}

I came real close to ordering a set of those blue gator grips but haven’t yet.

I am on the fence about the S&W. It may end up in auction. I’ve been seeing them go for 50% over what I paid. Tempting.
The blue should look great!

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
New grip screws came in for the metros.

Wish I had waited and got new screws before putting them on. Edge of the screwdriver scrapped the edge of one of the holes as peeled up a little grain in my strips on one of the grips. It’s minor but OCD and all… 🤦🏻‍♂️ Torques heads don’t do that.
Wood Tool Gun barrel Bicycle handlebar Everyday carry

21 - 36 of 36 Posts