National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a brand new Maverick 88, and I only cycled one shell through the magazine, and when I went to load it today, the spring has a horrific squeek to it. Is there an easy way to lubricate this without having to rip everything apart?

(my first gun)

·
Registered
159 Posts
shotguns are pretty simple to take down. just unscrew the end of the mag tube, pull the barrel off and then unscrew the mag tube. then the spring will pop out and you can apply a little oil to it.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Just a suggestion to read the owners manual. If the shotgun didn't come with one, check the manufacturer's website -- there is usually one posted there for download or a way to get one sent to you. If you come up empty all around, you might come back to the forum and put out an SOS -- someone is likely to be able to help out.

If this is your first firearm it's really important that you learn everything you can about it. That includes the field strip procedure. DON'T assume it's like other shotguns -- LEARN your firearm. That protects your gun, your investment, and YOU!!!

BTW -- WELCOME to the forum. If you get a minute, you might go over the the NEW MEMBERS SECTION and say howdy. There's a really great bunch of folks here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

My gun didn't come with a manual.. It was just the gun, a second barrel, and a cable lock. I'll go see if I can find a manual on the mossberg site.
The most I know is how to change barrels :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It didn't tell me how to remove the mag in the manual, so I looked on another site, and people say that removing it can damage vital parts of the reciever.

Can I just take the barrel off, and shoot some silicon oil spray down the magazine, or will that mess up my gun?

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Maverick shotgun magazine springs squeek for a while. The squeek does not effect function. Get used to it, its easier that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts