National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally broke down and bought the .45 version of this. I’ve been heehawing around about it for months, ever since I bought the 9mm late last year. I gave the 9mm a glowing review last year. I hope this one lives up to the previous experience.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
At one point I had both XDE in both 9 and .45 but sold the 9 because it really was very redundant for me. I like the .45 but really don't carry it very much. My primary carries are all either H&K's or 1911's. I'm not saying anything bad about the XDE but other than being slim it really isn't very small and generally if I can carry it concealled I can most likely carry a double stack H&K just as easily. While the XDE is slim the length of the grip makes it less concealable that it should be.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
interesting........i am wondering if the 45 version is going to be too much to handle for many with the light weight and slim profile........looking forward to your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, we’ll have to shoot them side by side to see if there is a difference. They are still boasting 27% easier to rack the slide which means the hammer spring and/or guide rod spring has to be lighter. All that recoil has to go somewhere.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am supposed to be picking this up today, assuming the state police were able to do their job and approve the transfer. After the last 4 extended delays, I’m not holding my breath.

One of the mags was missing from the box when I bought it. Springfield is supposed to be sending one to the shop to replace it. Won’t effect testing though. I have the XDS 45 and the 4 extended mags I have for it are the same mags as the short mags for the XDE, just remove the extension sleeve.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Well I finally broke down and bought the .45 version of this. I’ve been heehawing around about it for months, ever since I bought the 9mm late last year. I gave the 9mm a glowing review last year. I hope this one lives up to the previous experience.
I actually have my eye on one too...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts