National Gun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new springfield XD looks and sounds amazing, but i was just wondering if anyone (who has shot one) can tell me how they preform. I'm really thinking about getting one just because of the .45 cal and the 10+ rounds. I really like pistols with rear hammers instead of just semi-auto hammerless brands like glock and what have you. M1911A1 can't be beat man. Kimbers my boy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've got a .45 XD and carry it every day. I chose it over the Glock because of the grip safty AND the trigger safty, as well as the loaded shell indicator. Shoots good, in fact I qualified with a .40 XD that I bought before they offered it in the acp (then I bought a .45 and sold the .40) and I put all of my shots in a "fuzzy" hole about the size of pack of cigarettes. Never had a misfire, never had a stove pipe. No complaints. I highly recomend the XD. -I :--- -I :---

·
Registered
957 Posts
There's a few XD shooters around here, I dont remember anyone complaining about the XD. Mine shoots fine.

I dont understand the hammer comment though, The XD does not have an exposed hammer, it is fired by a striker in a similar manner to a glock.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
That new HK P-30 looks very interesting also, might be worth a look!

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
I have a XD45 Tactical & a XD45 Service. They are both very fine weapons.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Been shooting IDPA with my 9mm Service...quite a few XD's now in IDPA where I shoot. They must be selling pretty good cause the price has gone up since I bought mine several years ago.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the .40...not the .45, but I have had 0 malfunctions and it is quite accurate for a "combat pistol"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have an XD Tactical 9mm, very accurate and reliable, a great pistol, like it much more than my Glock 22 40/357/9mm..............

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have an XD40 service. I have about 5,000 rounds through it without a hiccup. Great gun. If I could change anything about it, it would be the stock trigger. (there is a drop-in kit for it)

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Son in law has one a full size .45cal. He's never had a problem with it in over a year. I have shot it more than once and I like it. It just feels like a big brick when I bring it up on target but it will get the job done for sure. I would think the .45cal would be a little heavy for everyday carry. It would make a good range/home defense gun. :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I have never held or shot the XD 45. The Glock model 21 is their full size 45 acp and its a big gun. Grip is too big for many folks and that is why they developed the model 36 which is a single stack carry 45 acp. The 45 GAP also is in three models with a smaller grip, I assume.

I think this is the primary reason that most Glock lovers stick with the 9 mm or the 40 S&W models.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts