National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am quite fond of the SOCOM 16 made by Springfield. It ain't cheap but its a tough looking battle rifle and a friend who has one raves about its accuracy.

Have you had any experience with this sweet looking rifle?

G

·
I think it is sweet as well...... I've been thinking about picking one up for some time now. I really like the 7.62x51mm round.
I have a G3 and a L1A1, the SOCOM 16 is definitely a step up...

G

·
i have one. it is loud, but is more accurate than i could have imagined. the farthest i can get a target by me is about 200 yards and i have no problem hitting a paper plate at that distance. i can't ask for better repeatability than that. great rifle, zero jams, and very comfortable for me. now i need a scope. if you can afford it, get one. i had to save for mine. i have the socom 16, but i heard the socom 2 is just as good, but with more mounting rail space

·
Registered
957 Posts
I want one, dont know why, there's plenty more that I need to spend 1800 bucks on. It's heavy, expensive, and not really practical. I still want one. I need someone to talk me out of it, like it would do any good.

I have a bad craving for an M1A, maybe I should get another flavor, maybe a more traditional rifle.

Hopefully any common sence I have will win out.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have one and I love it. It's short enough to be a brush gun, accurate enough to be a medium range rifle, and powerful enough to drop a deer with one good shot. The only problem is, with all the extra stuff I did to it, it weighs somewhere around 20 pounds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts