National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Live Free
4,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes, I did! I ran across a very good deal on this pistol earlier this week, and it came home with me. Just had it out on the range for an hour this afternoon after a clean and lube. After a minor adjustment of the sights, I ran it with four different loads of ammo including 230 round nose, 230 and 185 Gold Dot hollow points, and some 200 SWC. Ran flawlessly with everything. I did some fairly rapid shooting to get some rounds through the gun, but I was still maintaining everything inside 3”. I was/am quite pleased. The trigger is crisp and feels like about 3 lbs, but I will put the trigger gauge on it tomorrow for real numbers. Felt recoil was quite mild. I do not consider .45 ACP a heavy recoil in any gun, let alone a steel framed 1911, but this seemed more mellow than some other full size 1911’s I have shot. This gun is really fun to shoot. The sights are pretty sweet too, with fully adjustable rear sight and fiber optic front. Yeah, I am pretty happy with this one!
View attachment 107602
Found a target from first run (thought I had tossed it); shot from 12 yards and did a minor sight adjustment...all free hand, and somewhat rapid at times.
View attachment 107634

· Premium Member
9,926 Posts
Very nice! Good thing you didn’t buy a Glock. Once my eye is repaired, I may have to take the plunge into new 1911 world. I have a Govt model but I’d like something different.

· Live Free
4,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice! Good thing you didn’t buy a Glock. Once my eye is repaired, I may have to take the plunge into new 1911 world. I have a Govt model but I’d like something different.
Glock? No, not me! Praying you get the eye in good shape...there sure are a bunch of 1911 pistols to choose from...and enjoy!:thumbsup:

· Premium Member
9,926 Posts
Yeah that’s the problem. I really like those RIA Tactical 3 1/2” 1911’s. Then there’s the Kimber and as always the Colt. Right now it’s hunting season so my mind is on hunting guns. We can’t carry in NJ so there’s no real reason to have a compact carry gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.