National Gun Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep my gun loaded and ready to go on me because I have my permit... :D I was carrying it in my glove box before.

L

·
0 Posts
ive got a good locking console in the truck with a holster mounted inside for a quick draw un impeaded by the belt.

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Being in Illinois, my weapon has to be locked in a hard case, unloaded and ammunition separated in the trunck of the car otherwise I am a criminal. :evil:

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
leeindy said:
even with a ccl?
There is no ccl in Illinois and this state does not recognize any other state's licenses or permits. It is truly a sad "state" of affairs. Pun intended!

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have a CCW...usually keep my pistol in the consol.

L

·
0 Posts
its easier to reach with a belt on. just gotta watch you dont scare people when you move it back and forth

W

·
0 Posts
I keep my Seecamp 32 in a wallet holster (Guru) in my back pocket. Since that makes it impossible to get to my Glock 26 is in an open storage bin near the armrest. I keep it covered with a hand towel so I don't freak out the gals at the drive through places. I forgot one day and one actually called 911 and a uniformed car responded to check me out. With my CC I'm legal. I always keep it covered now. Gun owners don't need any more negative images.

T

·
0 Posts
My company vehicle is a Jeep Liberty. I do not carry on my hip for obvious reasons, so I carry in the daytimer type rig. It looks like a daytimer, and allows me to carry into customer accounts (posted no carry) in restaurants and other places I should not be noticed carrying.

The Liberty has a perfect spot between the emergency brake and the main part of the console. This keeps it literally at arms length, and I can easily scoop it up to take it in and out, or draw the pistol from it's resting position in the event I need to address a road rager.

L

·
0 Posts
carefull with carrying in posted areas. some places its a felony others it means nothing.

H

·
0 Posts
in my dodge truck there is a center compartment under the middle part of the front seat, thats where mine is and since WI does not have any forum of CCW we are just like ILL. in that
my weapon has to be inclosed in a case and unloaded but the ammunition can be in the same case or close by , so I keep my ruger P95 locked in a steel lock box with the key in the lock with 2 load mags , right next to the safe

all i have to do is flick the key open , the lid pops up about 1 " making it easy to get to the gun .

if i'm leaving the truck any place i can pull the key and not worry about the gun as the safe has a steel cable that runs from inside it to one of the steel seat supports

maybe not the best way to carry but at least it is legal in WI and fairly quick

oh and before you say WI is a really bad state for not having any CCW , that part does suck , but i can walk into any gun shop and walk out in a few minutes with a long gun or hand gun is only a 48 hour wait with no limit on how many you can buy each month

·
Country Dad
235 Posts
My gun stays on my hip. Its always there when I need it.

C

·
0 Posts
In my trunk, separate from my ammo, as per the Maryland lawmakers that obviously know what's best for everyone...

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Ward Tood said:
Oh how I love Idaho!!
Ward Tood
Yep with large population growth comes highly restrictive gun rules. Most of the major cities of this nation attempt to restrict gun crime by putting the squeeze on the average citizen. They don't have any other tools to use since they can't put the criminals in jail or keep them their for any length of time.

Its much easier to control the good guys than the bad guys. ;) ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts