National Gun Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am Frank Latimer and I use the name SaxonPig on several Internet forums. Up until 5 minutes ago I was not a member on this forum.

Someone has registered on this forum using the name SaxonPig and is causing trouble, like posting photos of another man's wife under my name.

Would the administrators please cancel the account using the name SaxonPig and make sure that person doesn't do this again.

I would like to ID who is doing this and caution them not to do it again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry 'Frank' - threatening members is not cool around here - no matter what you want us to
think.

Time to pull in your horns.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree that what he did was wrong, but making threats does not solve anything, we will handle it.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Do I understand correctly that someone 'hijacked' your handle/name?

Who / Why?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've known Saxon Pig for four years over at another forum - IF this is another guy,
it's just a case of choosing a 'nick' that wasn't exactly 'unique.'

We've been trying to find - and I think we finally have - a fairly unique name for
our studio. Lawyers are now making sure that the name isn't copyrighted or is a
trademark for another Corp.

My brother once filed for an internet/corporate name a week before another larger
company - his name was Symation - lawsuits flew and they later bought his name
for $142,000 ... that stuff happens. There are probably multiple Zipperzaps by now
and I've been using it since about 1980!
:cool:

·
Registered
957 Posts
I've seen in other forums, they will warn you against using a nickname that someone else hae already built a reputation on, even on another site.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it depends on who got there first - Saxon Pig is/has been on numerous sites for years.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I believe it was over at 10mm talk that I saw that warning, they make you wait a day before you post, but I'm pretty sure there was a warning against (purposefully) using someones else's name.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Problem solved. Banned. He has under 10 posts and started trouble what can I say. Sorry you cant register with the name........ BUT you casn now become apart of the forum if you wish. Sorry for the disturbance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry I was out of line. I didn't come here to violate the rules. But you can all understand how this situation could cause a sharp reaction. Whomever did this did it deliberately for the purpose of causing trouble. I have a suspect in mind but unless the administrator of this site provides the IP to verify (which he has so far declined to do) there's not much I can do.

Considering the seriousness of this matter I am asking the administrator to reconsider. I promise that all I want to do is caution the individual not to try this stunt again. If he knows that I have his ID he won't. If he thinks he got away with this he might do it again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BTW- This was not an accident. Someone from the GunBroker Forum who knows me (and obviously dislikes me) deliberately created an account here using my name and started posting things like photos of other GB Forum members with apparently unkind comments. It was deleted before I saw it but someone brought this situation to my attention.

I would still like to know the "SaxonPig" IP so we can try to track him down over at GB and advise him of the errors of his ways.

Why would someone do this? Many members here already know but if you don't I am a moderator at the other forum and some people object to me.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Just let it go..Its too easy for people to sit cozy behind a computer screen and slander someone in a cowardly fasion. Just hang out with us and chat 'bout guns and shooting and other funny stuff. Were all pretty cool and easy to get along with here and would be glad to talk guns. I'm a 1911 man. How 'bout you? :D

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Hi Frank, welcome to NGF!

I thought it a bit out of character for you to put up that picture and post the comments that were posted. The thread was chopped up and thrown away and we are all on high alert for any further trouble from the pot stirring poser!

Come over and put up some threads when you have time. I think the picture issue is resolved. Release of IP addresses is in the hands of the owner Travis.

Lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Any revolver in particular? I don't have much experience, but like to here people talk about what they're into.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry, Saltpepper, I think Frank's 'history.'

If you like gun talk - you;ve come to the right
forum!
:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thats nice to here, I haven't really gotten into revolvers, just curious what people have to say.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll start a new thread...I too got started with S&W revolvers awhile ago...not near as many as Frank (saxonpig)...but, I do shoot mine... ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts