National Gun Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Aim true !
10,274 Posts
Yes saw that on another forum. Deadly force was justified there. The officer was shook up over it too. Hope he recovers from the trauma dealing with the shooting.

Reactions: Speed

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Now for something on the completely opposite side of the spectrum.
I feel terrible for the officer in this vid.
He deserved what he got....the cop knew him by name....sucks to be put in that position and you could hear it in the cops voice. Chick was on point.

·
Registered
18,615 Posts
#16 - A classic use of the "FREEZEBANG" tactic taught at police academies from "coast-to-coast and border-to-border". If you "FEEL" threatened, well ....... there is a big, fat, mini-lotto pension waiting at the end of 20 years of "FREEZEBANG" service. Ask any LEO in a department in Kalifornia. City and county "pay outs" to family survivors is in the $Millions every year, and the reporting of those pay outs is always carried on page 31 of the local newspaper.

·
Super Moderator
14,226 Posts
The first guy was executed.

Alan

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Registered
9 Posts
He wasn't given that opportunity in my opinion.
He also had a bright light directly in his face so he likely wasn't able to immediately identify who it was at his door. The cops also knocked and stepped to the side. Looking out the peep hole there was no one to be seen. That would put me on alert personally.
There is also some other info missing. What kind of neighborhood was this? High crime rate? Home invasions?

I have cameras as well. so I would know who's there.
NO its a high crime STATE

·
Registered
13,701 Posts
The caller made some stuff up to get the cops there sooner, his words. His call led the cops to believe they were going into a domestic violence situation, not a noise complaint. Maybe he needs to be charged with something/

·
Registered
13,205 Posts
Seems to me it was a bit premature but like someone else said domestic calls(and traffic stops) i believe are the two most dangerous things an officer does in their career. I think several things lead up to this and maybe no one is entirely to blame. The previous knocks, the 911 caller stretching the truth to get the cops there quicker and the guy stepping out with the gun after they identified themselves as police and the cop shooting a bit too fast. in some way though can you blame them, some shooting happen in less time...Watch how fast shots are fired once gun is seen.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It looked like to me, he was in the process of laying the gun down on the floor. If the cops thought he was in a domestic dispute with his girlfriend, it might have made them be more on the edge when he answered the door with a gun in his hand. But again, it looked like he wasn't posing a threat when he bent down and lowered the gun, with his left hand in the air.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts