National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put my motorcycle up for sale and received an interesting trade proposition. The items for trade are:

1. 6mm BR competition rifle. Its a 6mm Stolle Panda receiver, with 4 barrels total (2 different neck sizes) and a couple of Wilson Reloading dies. Custom stock with a 3" base, removable butt plate to add more weight to shoot in several BR classes.

2. Colt Gold Cup National Match .45 ACP Series 80. In great condition.

These are not for sale (maybe in the future). I was just looking for an honest opinion of the value of these items. Thanks for any help.

PS I have a 2003 Honda Shadow ACE 750for sale (bike mentioned above) $3200 for any one interested in the Sacramento, Ca area.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As you probably know, there is no way to accurately assess a firearm from a written description on the internet. Small things make a big difference in the valuation. Best bet is to go on the auction sites and compare what you have to what is being sold. That will give you a ball park, anyway.

I would be suspicious of ANY estimate anyone gave me for a firearm without seeing it in person, and even then, if I didn't know what their qualifications are.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply and I realize its hard to assign a worth to anything unseen. I was looking for a general "guestimate." I've checked some auctions and these are hard to find, especially the Stolle. Also, I've learned to take auction prices with a grain of salt as condition is often overstated.

If it helps, both guns looked practically new on the outside, and the bore on the barrels of each gun plus the extras looked good n' shiney from a quick look down the tube.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
You might want to also consider that the guns may be stolen property and the individual is "laundering" the guns into a vehicle that he can sell to turn into cash. I am sure you can rely on your "gut instinct" to some extent about a seller but maybe running those serial numbers is a good idea if you go that far into the deal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've posted this after meeting the guy so I could see the guns and he could see the bike. I honestly did not get the impression that they'd be stolen, but I guess you never know. Anyway, I have some more info on the stolle:

Stolle Panda, RBLP polished action, 308 bolt face, Jewell 2 oz. trigger, with 4 barrels:
•LV Krieger 6BR-.135 w/ 700 rounds (6BR-.135 case about 0.1-0.2 grains smaller case capacity than 6PPC)
•LV Krieger 6BR-.135 w/ 1400 rounds
•LV Shilen 6PPC w/ 1600 rounds
•Heavy Bench PacNor 6BR, 1.25” straight tube, w/ 18 rounds (break-in only)

All barrels are 0.262” necks, 1-14 twist, and all short and full length 6BR barrels chambered with 6BR Lapua reamer. Also included is 3.0lb. removable buttstock weight for HB barrel, bringing total rifle weight up to 16.5 pounds. Rifle with LV barrels easily makes 10.5 lb. class with Leupold Competition scope. Custom reloading dies and brass included.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
That's actually one HELL of a setup and probably worth quite a bit. Have you looked to see whether there is a forum for the brand or, perhaps, if any of the benchrest shooting forums have anything to say? Just some ideas (I didn't say good ideas...just ideas!).

Also, as we discussed in a thread a few months ago, you can ask your local PD, SO, or State Police to run the S/N of the guns. Often time they will tell you whether or not they are listed on NCIC. It may be worth a call, just to CYA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts