National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so [email protected]€%! SICK OF AMMO PRICES. Sorry for the anger but I just went to a shop here after I called and they said they were open and have 9mm fmj for a dollar a peice. Get there they closed and we’re running out of one of their other stores. Out of town. Now if I had the cash and a better vehicle I’d definitely go get it but also for 50 dollars for a box of full metal jackets count 50. No I draw the line at certain places and certain things and I cannot justify putting my car thru the work of traveling an hour just for a single box of ammo. Anyone else feeling my upsetness? It’s crazy that no one has ammo period. I just wanna go to the range and practice a bit. Now I have to go online and I hate shopping online. I have little trust for the internet. Specially when I’ll be paying a few hundred for 9mm ammo. Ahh thanks for letting me vent guys lol

·
Aim true !
11,375 Posts
If one did not learn from past shortages i have no pity. If you are new to firearms i hope the new folks. Stock deep when things let up.

Reactions: Jordan9MM

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I did learn from the past and have plenty of ammo for defense.
The problem is replenishing range ammo. this shortage and the prices for cheap range ammo are limiting for fun at the range. I also have plenty of firearms for my needs, but it is my wants that are being left unscratched.

·
Registered
Pistoleer
103 Posts
After a long time of inactivity with my gun collection, I was planning to get back into some regular practicing this year. Now I have no idea when I will be able to get back out and practice. Big disappointment. The only good thing is that I have enough ammo for self-defense but not for any range practice time. Lots of dry fire and laser practice at home though which helps.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After a long time of inactivity with my gun collection, I was planning to get back into some regular practicing this year. Now I have no idea when I will be able to get back out and practice. Big disappointment. The only good thing is that I have enough ammo for self-defense but not for any range practice time. Lots of dry fire and laser practice at home though which helps.
i have been practicing my trigger pulls with my snap caps been getting a lot more straight with it

·
Registered
14,732 Posts
Yesterday Ammoseek's best price on .223 was $0.60/rnd, today it's $0.50, still twice what I'm willing to pay. Just a few short months ago I paid $4.99/box for Tula.....those were the days.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I guess I should not say that I scored 9MM 115 gr FMJ, at 0.45 a round. Bought all I could afford.

·
Registered
Pistoleer
103 Posts
Do y’all truly trust the online shopping? Never let y’all down with it came to ammo?
No problem for me with online shopping for ammo. Other than the stupid pricing there is a long lead time before the ammo is actually shipped out. Early this year I had several ammo orders and it took almost a month before they were actually shipped out. The ammo was in stock but apparently shipping departments are overloaded processing all the orders.

·
Aim true !
11,375 Posts
Here grab it while the grabbing is good,

·
Premium Member
6,738 Posts
Do y’all truly trust the online shopping? Never let y’all down with it came to ammo?
90% of my ammo purchases are on line. I’ve never had a problem with delivery, shipping, quality or government/law interference. Ammoseek is a great place to find out who has what and how much.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
I know no one wants to hear this but maybe look at a gun that has ammunition available. It’s no accident I have 20+ calibers. Not all ammo has gone up, usually just those in short supply, unless that particular store is just gouging. If you are looking to shoot for recreation, that’s the best option. There is a decent rifle and/or handgun for every budget. If you paid $50/50 rd box of 9mm that’s about $42/50 rds box over normal. You can get a pretty decent gun for $400 (or what you’d over pay for 10 boxes).

9mm/.40/45/.223 scarce but you know what is on the shelf here? 308/10mm/38 spec/357/270/243/6.5 Creedmoor

·
Aim true !
11,375 Posts
If people would stop buying from the price gougers, Prices would come back down. My neighbors buddy bought some 9mm recently at dun-hams. 10.99 a box for Remington. Walmart hasn't upped their prices.

·
Super Moderator
14,530 Posts
I know Gun Shop owners have very little profit margin and tend to have very expensive inventories that move relatively slowly.

But,

I never buy ammunition from a Gun Shop unless it is super cheap or is in the bargain bin and IS a bargain.

And, the other aspect of it is that I seldom buy ammunition, but when I do, it is in bulk and is very cheap.

For my hunting rifles (which don't get near the attention they deserve any more), I will buy the components that shoot best that a particular rifle (almost regardless of price). It will have limited use and lasts a long time.

Also, I seldom shoot just to hear the noise or see how fast the action works. But that's just me. I realize there are folks that like to do that. More power to them. Buy in the trough, shoot on the rise and hold at the peak.

Alan

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hoarding and panic buying has never been this bad before, Searching the internet today I actually found a site that had some unheard of brand of 9mm for .....get this....$879/1000! I passed.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hoarding and panic buying has never been this bad before, Searching the internet today I actually found a site that had some unheard of brand of 9mm for .....get this....$879/1000! I passed.
check out the app AmmoSeek if you haven’t already

1 - 20 of 21 Posts