National Gun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As someone who's spent the last ten or so years trying to get my stories outlined and just in general practice the art of writing I'm curious as to if I'm the only one here?

I mean I know that there are and am a part of a writing forum but seeing as a large part of my book is based around guns and gunplay I'd like to get the best advice about guns and their handling from a reputable source.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
probably a few will think that i am sometimes rather long-winded when it comes to my posts......and i do get side-tracked at times with some thoughts that will turn a one line response into 5 paragraphs....but that is about as close to writing as i get.

·
Super Moderator
5,591 Posts
I'm still writing a book. Going on a few years now.

·
"You talkin to me?"
4,145 Posts
it's hard for me to put into words a really good story of walking back and forth from the house to the shop... sometimes two or three times a day... sometimes more.... sometimes less or not at all.. I might walk out back to do some shooting sometimes,,, sometimes not.... nawwww I ain't no writer

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
If i do it with a pen or pencil you can't read it and if i do it with a keyboard it's usually a rambling long run on sentence where people often think i'm drinking or having some sort of medical issue that i can't control and then my thoughts get lost in all the words coming out so i gave up on writing years ago......thankfully for everyone else!

·
Barney
92 Posts
I write the G&B Detective Agency series. You can find them on Amazon, B&N, almost anywhere on line. Some book stores carry them if the demand is high enough. I also write articles for magazines and other periodicals. My books are not particularly oriented toward the gun culture, but my detectives do carry guns, so take it for what it is worth. There are six novels in the series.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,181 Posts
I'm not even known to write long posts so i'm definitely not of that crowd

·
Keep calm & return fire!
10,271 Posts
There used to be a member here a while back that was a published writer. I dont remember his real name but his screen name was mysterywriter or something like that. He was very active and seemed like a good guy and then disappeared.

Never wrote a book. I have written some blog posts and I have a tendency to be long winded sometimes. I have always wanted to write a screenplay. Maybe when/if I retire.

·
Super Moderator
10,959 Posts
I love writing but I'm more of a short essay or opinion piece writer. Never took much of a shot at books.

--Wag--

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I've been at this for the past ten years and am just now able to get started on my outline. I have to admit that I'm glad to have had the past ten to just brainstorm while life went on. I've been able to sharpen my skills with fanfiction and have well over 200,000 words under my belt. I think the only hard part now is getting the outline done for my novel. I'm kind of stuck on the third chapter but I should be good to go by tomorrow.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I've written and "self published" 4 books and sell them on Ebay.
They are really hobby guides with examples of how things can be done rather than books that tell a story.
I do not consider myself a "writer" as they contain minimal historical information and even less of an actual story line.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts