National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always wondered, if there was a competition who would win?

No custom guns allowed, just the ones off the production lines. On average which company would come out on top in a controlled shooting contest.

What would your guess be??

I think maybe Ruger! ;)

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Well the key word here is production. Taking a gun off the line at random and having a test the S&W will win everytime. If you tear a S&W down and a Ruger there will be far less tool marks and smoother surface on the metal with the S&W. Even die hard Ruger guys will admitt it over on the Ruger Forum. ;) Now all the Ruger guys are going to get their panty's in a wad and say that ain't so. :roll: I have owned both and still do and I love my Rugers so l am not putting them down. It's the truth. -I

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
My close friend and shooting partner for many years is an avid Ruger shooter and I own several, myself. But he used to say, "A Smith is a jewel, a Ruger is a tool". I agree. That's not a knock on Ruger, either. I just know from personal experience and owning both that the Smith will generally win such a competition -- not every time, mind you -- but most of the time.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
Was this post supposed to compare a double action Smith to a single action Ruger? What kind of comparison were you looking for between the two? Smiths are usually much more refined but the nod for strength goes to the single action Ruger in a big way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts