National Gun Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I thought about the springs also but when asked him about sending back the magazine; he specifically told me not to send those back.

We will see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would never send back mags. Sometimes,they would send ME a mag. (y)

Reactions: LimaCharlie

·
Registered
734 Posts
Zig, you've loaded and unloaded mags before. Does it seem to you, that they stick and bind, or do they feed smoothly?

·
Aim true !
10,290 Posts
I shot a mag of Federal HST and a mag of Hornady XTP hand loads. And a mag of flat point Freedom munitions. In my 380EZ. No issues. I usually shoot RN cast. Zig i hope you get your gun up to par,

Reactions: Ziggidy

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
318 Posts
I bought a brand new shield 2.0 9mm and it Had a bad mag (spring was a pretzel out of the box) and started eating itself from the first shot. The slide wasnt milled properly. I had smith send me a mag spring on the day i bought it - took 16 days. Great first impression. Then i figured out the slide was faulty and called them. They said send the gun back they wouldn’t send any parts. So from day one i was waiting on one issue to be resolved and then the other was not happening. I just walked out of the store with this thing and paid full price good money. I liked the gun, but sold it at a loss Within 3 months.

i think Smith has ways to improve their service to paying customers. Do they “suck”? Probably not, but could improve.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I have to ask- did you polish the feed ramp first before sending it back?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I replaced the mag springs in that 380 EZ with what S&W sent me. They still stovepipe a live round. Interestingly, my brother just picked one up and sent it to training class with his wife. Hers did the same thing.

·
Jesus Saves
7,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Just got off the phone with S&W......they still have not looked at it.

I shipped it to them July 29th, they got it August 3rd and acknowledged receipt on August 7th.

They haven't even looked at it. She had allot of excuses and apologized that I caught a bad one, which is unusual considering all the good ones out there. YEP, that made me feel better.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts