National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
57,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CHRIS EGER
08/17/2022

Smith & Wesson this week announced the newest member of the all stainless-steel X-frame revolver family, a seven-shot .350 Legend wheel gun complete with a 7.5-inch ported barrel.

The new S&W Legend Model 350 is a flat-out beast, running over a foot long (13.5 inches) and with an unloaded weight of 71.5 ounces. However, it is the first production revolver that delivers the ability to run the new .350 Legend cartridge from a handgun while utilizing moon clips for loading and unloading from its fluted cylinder.

It joins other beefy X-frames, including Model 460 and Model 500, so named as they are built to accommodate the .460 S&W Magnum and .500 S&W Magnum, respectively.

S&W Legend Model 350 revolver in the woods
The new S&W Legend Model 350, meant for fans of handgun hunting, has a red ramp front sight and adjustable rear sight system. (Photo: S&W)
A seven-shot double-action/single-action revolver, the Legend Model 350 helps mitigate its powerful straight-walled cartridge through Houge rubber grips and a ported barrel. (Photo: S&W)

"The 350 Legend is one of the flattest-shooting straight-walled cartridges on the market today," said John Myles, S&W's senior manager of new products. "It is great for medium-sized game and especially whitetail hunting. If you’re looking for a hunting revolver, the Model 350 is it."

The MSRP on the S&W Legend Model 350 is $1,599. (Photo: S&W)

·
AZHerper
6,001 Posts
CHRIS EGER
08/17/2022

Smith & Wesson this week announced the newest member of the all stainless-steel X-frame revolver family, a seven-shot .350 Legend wheel gun complete with a 7.5-inch ported barrel.

The new S&W Legend Model 350 is a flat-out beast, running over a foot long (13.5 inches) and with an unloaded weight of 71.5 ounces. However, it is the first production revolver that delivers the ability to run the new .350 Legend cartridge from a handgun while utilizing moon clips for loading and unloading from its fluted cylinder.

It joins other beefy X-frames, including Model 460 and Model 500, so named as they are built to accommodate the .460 S&W Magnum and .500 S&W Magnum, respectively.

The new S&W Legend Model 350, meant for fans of handgun hunting, has a red ramp front sight and adjustable rear sight system. (Photo: S&W)
A seven-shot double-action/single-action revolver, the Legend Model 350 helps mitigate its powerful straight-walled cartridge through Houge rubber grips and a ported barrel. (Photo: S&W)

"The 350 Legend is one of the flattest-shooting straight-walled cartridges on the market today," said John Myles, S&W's senior manager of new products. "It is great for medium-sized game and especially whitetail hunting. If you’re looking for a hunting revolver, the Model 350 is it."

The MSRP on the S&W Legend Model 350 is $1,599. (Photo: S&W)

Looks like a nice deer-hunting pistol.

·
Registered
600 Posts
It will be popular for Iowa deer hunters IF they want to pay that price. I suspect some will buy it soon as the 350 legend is so very popular here in rifles already. One round from a 350 seems to knock any deer right down if you hit them any where near a vital spot.
S&W must already have many asking for this pistol. 350 caliber is growing rapidly it seems in popularity in many states now.

·
Registered
17,063 Posts
At one point when almost all ammo was scarce 350 Legend was the only thing you would see on the shelves of the big box stores around here. Read a few comments from other people in different places saying the same thing. I wonder if that had any thing to do with them making it in this caliber?

·
Registered
600 Posts
At one point when almost all ammo was scarce 350 Legend was the only thing you would see on the shelves of the big box stores around here. Read a few comments from other people in different places saying the same thing. I wonder if that had any thing to do with them making it in this caliber?
I don't think so. Many of us in various states jumped on it a few years back as soon as the cartridge came out. It was designed for the AR 15 and for us, that was great. Lots of us are not allowed to hunt deer with a bottle neck cartridge.
Just had to buy uppers for our AR's. Then, so popular along came various brands of rifles.

That 180gr soft point is a real knock down round. Great in dense timbers and brush. Most around here have retired the shotgun slugs and went to the 350 Legend. Scoped, I am confident in clean deer kills at out to 250 yards max.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I'm wondering if this cartridge will cause flame cutting issues to the topstrap similar to what happened with revolvers chambered for the old .357 Maximum?

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'm wondering if this cartridge will cause flame cutting issues to the topstrap similar to what happened with revolvers chambered for the old .357 Maximum?
Some guys have been shooting/hunting with the Magnum Research BFR 350 for awhile now. Have heard of no problems. Good reviews on it it seems.

Hopefully S&W has studied it during their own design,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts