National Gun Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my Smith & Wesson British Service Revolver. If I've got the moniker right it's a S&W Model of 1905 4th Change. Basically, it's a Victory Model without the V-serial number. It's chambered for .38 s&w and it's great shooter with little recoil. The sights are very small, but it seems pretty accurate if I do my part. I've tested it with 6-rounds of Buffalo Bore ammo and it did pretty well. But, I won't shoot beefed up loads like that very often.

Here is my Buffalo Bore target. I had to hang the target sideways due to the width of the target frames. My shots were just a little low from about 21 feet.

Bbore.jpg

I hope to find some victory model grips and add a lanyard ring in the future. The false pearl grips were added after it's military service to increase its appeal to post-WW2 buyers. I recently shot this gun for the first time a couple of months ago. It's definitely my favorite handgun now.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
nice old gun......but what is throwing me is no info and listed as "guest"??????????????

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,602 Posts
Strange things are happening on/to this board.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
well........now there is a profile and is a junior member........when before there was nothing and a "guest"..........squirrely.............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts