National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Has someone (previous owner?) replaced the front sight?

Have you tried several different loads? (Bullet weights, etc)

Plus… did you let a friend try shooting it too? Do they get the same results? (Seriously… it is often us, the shooter… but you may already know that)

and… welcome to the forum from Iowa.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding yes a friend. Also shot it and his shot hit exact height level as mine only an inch left ,that's when we realized the sights were already screed all the way down ,to bottom ,no adjustment left

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
30,737 Posts
Welcome from NC!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys,a quick note ,I 'v been loading 44 ammo on my Dillon square D over 30 years bought every brand of factory loads, I shoot steel plates @ 30 and 50 yrds and ping the steel consistently at 85 yards w/ the super red hawk ,have always lived out in the country ,Thank the Lord,got a good shooting area out behind my shop ,I do pretty good w/ the 40 cal Glock,and my favorite Springfield armory 40 , shot about anything I could over many years now usually able to straighten out most accuracy issues,but I'm wondering if this is a consistent issue w/ the Smith 69 combat mag w/4.25 barrel, I,d appreciate any real answers,but am afraid it may have to be sent back ,if the company can't make it right ,I'll be looking for a ruger Alaskan :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts