National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone. I just purchased my first gun a few days ago. Its a smith and wesson model 67 38 special. Its a beautiful gun and I love the way it shoots I’m just really curious about when it was manufactured. Ive done a bit of research and I think its in the ballpark of ‘73-‘80. If anyone has any information on this gun I would love to learn more about it. There are pictures attached to this post. Also the serial number is 3K601xx. Let me know if any other specific pictures would help because if they will I will post. Any information on this gun at all would help as I would like to learn more in general about it!

-Brandon

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Very nice first gun! I believe your gun is a 1972 if I read the S&W serial number registry correctly and I THINK it's the stainless version of the blued model 15. Open up the cylinder and look on the frame by the yoke. You should see a 67 dash something. that will help ID it. You made a great choice. Good luck with it and enjoy!

·
Aim true !
10,285 Posts
Very nice. Looks like it's in great shape. I have a vintage SW 45 colt from 1980. A 25-5.
DSCF8312.JPG

·
Registered
333 Posts
Your 67 is a no dash, the first version.It has the stainless rear sights . the dash1 changed to black rear sights. Hope you love yours.mine is my favorite s&w revolver

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
i liked the earlier 15's that still had a more slim barrel profile.....
stainless front and rear sights.......no thank-you.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The sights are easy black permanent marker on rear ,bright org nail polish on front..the15 are nice too but sights were black on black on the older one.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
i usually nail polish my front sights.......

i just thought it odd that they went to the trouble of a stainless rear sight....apparently they did too......as it disappeared at the next change......or they figured to save a tad and just use the blue ones that were far more common and accepted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts