National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a Smith and Wesson and the slide is stuck. I have no idea what to do and cannot find any videos on how to fix it for this model.
Please help,
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
I don’t know if you saw this I hope it helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, I saw this before and it was not helpful. My slide won't move is either direction. It is stuck in place.

·
Live Free
2,895 Posts
Unfortunately, I saw this before and it was not helpful. My slide won't move is either direction. It is stuck in place.
Is it stuck in battery; fully forward and closed? Is it loaded? Is the mag removed? Was it working fine the last time you handled it? Possibly the slide stop/takedown pin is pushed out slightly.

Have you considered contacting S&W?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The slide is stuck forward.
The magazine is removed from the pistol.
There is a round in the chamber.
I have tried messing with the slide takedown pin with no luck.
I have not contacted S&W. I did not want to have to send it in somewhere or take it somewhere to be fixed, if possible.
The pistol malfunctioned when I was at the range while I was shooting.

·
Aim true !
10,350 Posts
Ok try this. If you have a block of wood. 4X4 6X6 ect ect. Put the end of the slide on the edge of the block. Be sure you are clearing the barrel. Push down with a fast snap motion. Be sure not to engage the trigger while doing so. It's worth a try.

·
Registered
13,251 Posts
The round probably got buggered up and it's whats causing it to be stuck. try pushing the front against something made of wood and push forward. Make damn sure your finger is nowhere near the trigger.

·
Registered
13,251 Posts
Cool deal. I'm guessing the rim of the round had a little burr or tear in it?

·
Aim true !
10,350 Posts
Been there myself that trick worked for me. My issue was with tight chambered guns. With reloads. I have since started using Lee factory crimp dies.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Believe it or not I have a Steyr M 40 will lock up every time I use copper jacketed Cheap Ammo near as I can tell the left side of the feed ramp Peels off a strip of it causes the same Malfunction. The only one of the bunch that does it even though it has been polished by myself and "Qualified Gunsmiths" no one has a clue even Steyr has had it and comes back A-1 ratings...I will say it is the "Cheap" bargain ammo Center or top-shelf..It will run ya ragged step to the Bargain by end of second Mag you can count on it.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Smith and Wesson’s are persnickety with rounds

1 - 14 of 14 Posts