National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you pack your carry pistol in one of these fine holsters?

How in the heck do you sit in a car seat with a firearm poking you in the back?

Nice way to carry if you never sitdown. Your opinion please?

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Only with the little P3-AT. Any of the others are exceedingly uncomfortable carried that way.

·
Registered
138 Posts
With SOB holsters, you have to be careful when drawing not to sweep yourself or others. They are uncomfortable (to me) and didn't conceal worth a darn.

As far as back injuries, I can see the possibility but haven't seen any substantiated record of people getting severe back injuries from falling on them.

I carry a full size auto. 95% of the time, in a Milt Sparks VMII. Comfortable for me. You normally get what you pay for in holsters.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SheNine said:
You guys need more booty! ( Y ) :mrgreen:
I sure don't! ;) But I could use less waistline! :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
SheNine said:
Wow, it's that obvious?

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
How in the heck do you sit in a "car seat" with a firearm poking you in the back?

Car seat? (Why do I get a vision of a grown man sitting in a babies car seat?) OOhh well, I guess I better go back to sleep now. :-B-:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GonBalistik said:
How in the heck do you sit in a "car seat" with a firearm poking you in the back?

Car seat? (Why do I get a vision of a grown man sitting in a babies car seat?) OOhh well, I guess I better go back to sleep now. :-B-:

Yep with one of those breast pacifiers in their mouths. ;)

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
sig232 said:
GonBalistik said:

Yep with one of those breast pacifiers in their mouths. ;)

AGAIN I repeat, PICS I need pics.... :i:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GonBalistik said:
SheNine said:

Yup SheNine got it right!! :roll:
I don't think there is a straight man alive that would disagree with that statement. :lol:

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
standerson said:
With SOB holsters, you have to be careful when drawing not to sweep yourself or others. They are uncomfortable (to me) and didn't conceal worth a darn.

As far as back injuries, I can see the possibility but haven't seen any substantiated record of people getting severe back injuries from falling on them.

I carry a full size auto. 95% of the time, in a Milt Sparks VMII. Comfortable for me. You normally get what you pay for in holsters.
I agree. I purchased a Galco Summer Comfort S.O.B. holster for my Glock 27, and never use it. I cannot practise with it at the NRA range because of the "sweep" issue, and it's real awkward to reholster, and to draw when wearing a jacket. I found that it was not too uncomfortable to sit with, but there are better ways to carry.

($50 down the drain because I thought I was Lenny Magill)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I have carried a couple pieces - compact EAA .40, a Bersa 85 .380 and a PA-63 9mm MAK. It is a pain in the back wearing one that way. I did it for about 6 years - only had to draw twice - once on a pitbull down in Philadelphia, the other on a car thief in my drive way - no problems clearing either time. I use a left hand model so that the grip is pointed towards my right side, I find that much easier to do. I still carry that way on rare occasions, but mostly in cross draw or strong side in the colder/jacket months. Summer time is pocket carry with a small semi-auto or a snubby .38 SPL. It does take some practice and does take so getting used to. Never fell on my back wearing one, so no injuries, just abrasions to my lower vertebrae from the .40 while driving.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Heres my opinion on these holsters. They are bad to carry. For instance you carry a long gun maybe a Glock 17..... You are going to get HURT if you fall flat on your back or get into a scuffle with someone. I REFUSE to make holster for SOB because its a hazard...

Just my .02

G

·
i quite often carry SOB, especially when the weather was too warm for a concealing coat or jacket. i carried a SP101 (snubby 357 revolver) in a cheap IWB holster. i am a fairly big guy and my back is wide. i had no problem situating the gun and holster so that it was not directly in-line with my spine though. i found it to be comfortable and concealable in shorts and a t-shirt. i found that it helped to get a slightly oversized holster for the gun, this allows the gun to ride a bit lower inside my pants. not the fastest draw, but could be worse. i dont worry about sweeping since i dont place my finger near the trigger until the gun is clear of my body.

G

·
I have a sob holster for my kahr. I only use it when going into the woods looking for downed game. That's the only time I use it cause its out of the way and doesnt snag branches, etc. but still very rough on my body.

·
Beretta 92 Fanatic
547 Posts
I carried SOB from 1996 until about 2003.

During the 8 months I lived in Dallas in 2003, I slipped on some ice and fell on a particularly cold day. LUCKILY, on that day, I was carrying my gun in a Galco Fletch, on my strong side (a belt holster). If I had been carrying SOB, I would have injured my back immensely.

I never carried SOB after that day.

G

·
Most guys I know that wear SOB are counter workers at liquor stores, convenience stores, etc. My FFL carries that way in his gun store. He has a sign on the door saying "Do not enter with a firearm unless the action is open and obviously unloaded"
I was in his shop one day when a guy walked in with a 1911 cocked, locked and loaded. Before he could say squat he was looking down the barrell of my FFL's carry. He told the dude to lay the pistol on the counter. It was duly unloaded and handed back to the dumb cluck who was told to leave and never come back. :---

1 - 20 of 21 Posts