National Gun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like large, blocky semi-autos but I dont usually carry anything on a day to day basis so these pistols are great for me. I am considering carrying all the time so I'm looking into really small 9mms. I'm almost always wearing jeans and a t-shirt, and here in CT you must be very concealed (a lump under your jacket will get you a talk with police here). My research has got me liking a Khar. Never really heard much of them so I'm looking for your expert advise. Any other autos like this I'm open to suggestions. Needs to be pocket carryable.

Alex :---

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looking to keep under $500 or close to it.

Alex :---

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
For small autos in that price range, Kahr may be a good choice. Consider also the Glock 26 and 27 and also the Springfield XD9-SC or XD40-SC. I've been carrying a G-27 on and off for several yrs and am selling it to buy a Springfield XD, after all the really good reports I've heard from members on this and other forums. Nothing wrong with the G-27, mind you, I'm just ready for a change.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I know a few people who carry Kahrs and love them.

Just be advised that they needed to be broken in, they're action is stiff until they have lots of rounds through them.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
I just shot one at the range Sunday for the frist time. It was the CW9 model and beloned to the lady who runs the range. I tell you this much it impressed me. At 20 feet I was keeping it in the 8 ring and that's good enough for me. It was light and easy to conceal. I recommend it highly for anybody wanting a light in their face hand gun. :-B-:

G

·
I love my Kahr. I had the 9mm but upgraded to the Kahr T40. It's about the same size as the G26 but slimmer. Super accurate.

·
Registered
658 Posts
The Kel Tec PF 9 is an option.
Their P3AT in .380 at 13.2 ounces with 7 is a nice little pocket gun.
We have two of them.
Be warned that the lighter the gun, the bigger the round, the more they kick!

·
Country Dad
235 Posts
Taures PT140. I own and love this firearm........

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm considering the Kahr PM 9. Really small for a 9. Kahr is coming out with a similar looking .380 in June. Slightly smaller. I started off looking for an LCP, I didn't really like the Kel-tec, ( something about being able to see a large gap between the slide and frame.) and the Kahr seemes like a good choice for a small carry piece.
The only down side is the price, around $600 if you want the blackened version.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I dunno.
I have a Kahr MK9 Elite 98 that's purdy darn nice!!!
However, I like the fact that I can load two 17 round G17 mags and carry them as spares for my G26. :cool:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I have never owned or fired a Kahr pistol. I like the looks of them and they have a nice balance. Checked them out in the guns stores before but never had the urge to buy one.

Too many nice guns out there and not enough money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts