National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, I've recently started to get into shooting. I really want to get a fully-automatic rifle, but i'm not 100 percent about the laws when it comes to that. I've heard a lot of contradicting stuff. I have also found something called a slide fire stock.

{LINK DELETED PER FORUM RULES}

and I figured that if this kid can have one, I could too. So I'm just curious if anybody has heard anything about these stocks. Are they in fact legal, and are the comparable to a real full-auto?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
They're legal. It basically helps you pull the trigger, making it still a "semi auto" shooter. As to achieve an actual fully automatic rifle, I'm sure someone else here will explain it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, thanks :) If anyone has shot anything with a slide fire, I'd love to know how easy installation is, ability to control the weapon while firing, and if they only work on certain rifles.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am interested in this topic as well. I have tried a couple of other products like the spring loaded trigger ( I think most of us know how that turned out)I have seen the videos on this slide fire stock thing. They look legit, but then again so did those spring loaded trigger mechanisms that weren't even worth the shipping. Does anyone have a slide fire stock? If so does it stand up to the claims? Anything even near full auto?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have recently fired one of these on an AK-47 since I originally posted this thread. I'm pretty sure they'll be around for a while, since ATF can't regulate how fast you can pull your trigger haha, and that's essentially all that the stock allows you to do. After the first few magazines, I was able to hit a rate of about 600 a minute, so it pretty comparable to a full-auto. The accuracy was obviously diminished, but not as bad as I was expecting. For me it was actually more accurate than when I just pull the trigger as fast as I can normally. The sliding motion seems like it actually absorbs some of the recoil, so you don't feel much of that either. If you have a firm stance, once you get it going, it's not to hard to hold on target. It's a little different feeling, since your non-shooting hand is actually pulling away from you, but you get used to it. It was definitely a lot cheaper than a fully-automatic, and it was a lot of fun! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
I have recently fired one of these on an AK-47 since I originally posted this thread. I'm pretty sure they'll be around for a while, since ATF can't regulate how fast you can pull your trigger haha, and that's essentially all that the stock allows you to do. After the first few magazines, I was able to hit a rate of about 600 a minute, so it pretty comparable to a full-auto. The accuracy was obviously diminished, but not as bad as I was expecting. For me it was actually more accurate than when I just pull the trigger as fast as I can normally. The sliding motion seems like it actually absorbs some of the recoil, so you don't feel much of that either. If you have a firm stance, once you get it going, it's not to hard to hold on target. It's a little different feeling, since your non-shooting hand is actually pulling away from you, but you get used to it. It was definitely a lot cheaper than a fully-automatic, and it was a lot of fun! :)

You are recently new to shooting and have figured all this out already and wanting a full auto? Contact you state DPS or the ATF they can give you all the information you need. Every state is different and don't be to sure that they can not regulate the bumpski / slidefires. As fun as they are, I don't see these being out for too much longer imo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts