National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that what countless Trolls, numerous hackers, and even a couple of Nigerian preachers couldn't do, our own IT department has effectively done in a couple of weeks.

The Forum is effectively disrupted.

We all know all the things that are wrong and the fix seems to be making it all worse.

We'll see.

I'm disappointed.

Alan

·
Super Moderator
14,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Back to the phone. Now it won't pull up after shutting the computer down.

Alan

·
Super Moderator
14,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was a period of about an hour when I could navigate and post. That widow is closed.

Alan

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,307 Posts
Reactions: ARMARIN

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,307 Posts

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,307 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,358 Posts
Driving me crazy, actually.

--Wag--

·
Super Moderator
14,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
14,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can't access forum on computer. Tells me that the certificate is not valid my connection not encrypted.

Alan

·
Super Moderator
14,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But now I have access on the computer until I have to use the restroom and in that amount of time of not moving the cursor it will crater.

Alan

·
Aim true !
10,302 Posts
Private messages are screwy. When i read one. It's stretched out vertically. Except for the newest part of the reply.

·
Super Moderator
14,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chrome verified that CloudFlare Inc ECC CA-2 issued this website's certificate. The server supplied Certificate Transparency information, but Chrome did not recognize any of the Certificate Transparency logs.

Alan

·
Super Moderator
14,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I use Avast. It tells me that this site has no rating yet. It has a Negative 16 rating.

Alan

·
Super Moderator
11,358 Posts
Alan, I'm wondering if your network card is shutting down with lack of activity. You may need to set it so that it stays on all the time. If you go to the power settings in your control panel, you should be able to turn off all power management so that the computer never shuts down. If that works, we can zero in on power management for just the network card.

Note that the computer itself may be staying on while shutting down your network card even though the screen may still be on or the power overall is still on.

Just a thought.........

--Wag--

·
Super Moderator
14,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I don't want to jinx things but that seems to be working. At least it's not shutting down by itself. I'm going to see if it reloads after closing the browser.

Alan

Reactions: Wag

·
Super Moderator
14,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Closed the browser. It reloaded. I opened lots of other sites and went back and checked if it was reloading on each one.... Facebook cratered it. Had to restart the computer.

Alan

Reactions: BigNastyCowboy

·
Super Moderator
14,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mac

Alan

Reactions: BigNastyCowboy

·
Super Moderator
14,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mac book Pro. Purchased mid 2014.

Alan

·
Super Moderator
11,358 Posts
If I use FB on any PC for more than about an hour, it finally crashes my browser. On occasion, it requires me to reboot the computer to clear all the trash.

Needless to say, I rarely use FB......

EDIT to add, I deleted FB off of my phone. Now I can get the battery to last about four days. With FB, it would go to the end of the day but I'd frequently have to plug it in to get it to last until bed time. FB does stuff when you're not actually "using" it.

--Wag--

1 - 20 of 28 Posts