National Gun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why would Sig take the P220 series and turn it into a single action 45 acp?

They already have one of the most accurate 45 acps in existance, with both single action and double action. Who could want more, or less?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think it's a good idea. I personally prefer DA/SA or DAO (don't like manual safeties) but a lot of people like to carry a handgun cocked & locked. Especially if you don't want a 1911, but you want to carry C&L, the SAO Sig P220 is perfect for you. If I wanted a SA pistol, I'd much rather have a P220 than a 1911 and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that way.

I use the 1911 as reference, because there are not many comparable pistols on the market (SA, safety lever, single-stack, .45acp, ect.)

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Entreri said:
I think it's a good idea. I personally prefer DA/SA or DAO (don't like manual safeties) but a lot of people like to carry a handgun cocked & locked. Especially if you don't want a 1911, but you want to carry C&L, the SAO Sig P220 is perfect for you. If I wanted a SA pistol, I'd much rather have a P220 than a 1911 and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that way.

I use the 1911 as reference, because there are not many comparable pistols on the market (SA, safety lever, single-stack, .45acp, ect.)

I like the 1911s a lot and have several but if I could only have one 45 acp pistol that P-220 double action/single action would be a good choice. They are downright scary accurate out of the box.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts